New Years Eve Stories

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rjennings

Reaction score
Anybody got any new years eve stories they would like to share? I do i do!! Me and my wife are homebodies, we always like the comforts of home so we dont get out much, a couple years ago i thought, heck, were gonna do something on new years, so i go to looking around and came across tickets to the Old Crow Medicine Show new years eve show in Nashville so i bought them and thought id suprise her. We got down there a few hours early so we decided we would call a cab,(weve never rode in a cab before lol) to take us downtown, he dropped us off a couple blocks from the ol Ryman and we walked around looking at downtown Nashville, it was pretty cold, so we decided to find a restraunt to eat, so i took the wife to hooters for her first trip..haha.. after a pitcher of margarita, we decided to walk on over to the Ryman and hang out a hour or so before the doors opened, we were the first ones there in line, they opened the door, and the guy frisked me, first guy in the door, and the first one to hold up the line, i had a small pocket knife and they took it away from me, i later found the guy and got it back, but anyway, concert was over so we decided to walk back to the motel, downtown was packed with people, but the further we walked the less crowded it became..we turned down one street, and i looked behind us and in front of us, and NOTHING!! Spooky feeling downtown Nashville, cold foggy nite, and not a soul around...as we walked up this street, Alicia was in front of me and i noticed a guy come out of one of the side streets, i thought, oh H#@L, its on...Alicia had her head down and didnt notice the guy, but we were on a collision course with him and i knew there would be a confrontation..about the time alicia looked up, he was there in front of her, ol homeless guy caught her off guard and says " Happy New Year can i have a hug?" I stepped in front of her and told the guy, "Happy new year to you, no, you cant have a hug!!!" lol, he says again, "happy new year!" im sure the guy was harmless, but new years at 2 am downtown nashville... anyway, now i know why i like the conforts of home and my pit bull and 9mm by my side.

Normally the wife and I use to square dance the new year in but for New Year's Eve 1999/2000 the company setup cots at work and scedule us to work 24/7 incase of computer problems with the new century. Across the US a few hundred of us were setting at our computer terminals when 2000 rang in. About an hour later, they sent most of us home. I got to stay for an other 12 hours but other than a couple of minor issues, it was anti-climatic.

I have always argued that the year 2000 was the last year of the 1900s and 2001 was the first year of the new century. The calendar starts with 1 A.D. and there is no 0 A.D.

It's like 2013 was suppose to be the end of the world on the Myan calendar when all that happened is that they ran out of room on the rock that held their calendar.

We spent all day yesterday cooking and getting things ready for our annual New Years Day feast that I barely made it to 9:30 PM before the lights went out last night. Just wait till you get to my age!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year.

Per the Tin Boat greatest loser, I reckon I am making myself responsible everyone here for my New Year's resolutions. I am usually the world's biggest procrastinator but this year I started my resolutions at Thanksgiving. Following through brought me great joy at Christmas, now if I can just remain constant about getting in better shape, losing weight and modifying my boat.

I'd like your prayers for one good warm day in Dallas in the next week or so. I have promised my 9 year old neighbor to take him up to the pond to catch his first fish and the weather is not co-operating. I have the rods ready and the bait, now I need a day when the fish are biting. I gave him a rod with a practice weight so he could practice, now he needs to catch something.

Years ago in Alaska, NYE sounded like a war. And I was out in the country. There were Cannons with a 3" bore and lots of 1" cannons.

Of course there's a foot or so of packed snow on the roofs.
Later on NY Day, I discovered I had a Leak in the Roof.
After shoveling Packed snow and Ice off the suspected area of the roof I discovered a 1" Hole in the roof.
I'd been shot by one of those Cannon!

What ever it was, it went through all that snow and ice, and my roof and was stuck in the Insulation somewhere. I never found it.
I think somebody lost his last Brain Grain.
Later that year when the working was less troublesome I added some roofing, and redid the ceiling.

Rjennings said:
Anybody got any new years eve stories they would like to share? I do i do!! Me and my wife are homebodies, we always like the comforts of home so we dont get out much, a couple years ago i thought, heck, were gonna do something on new years, so i go to looking around and came across tickets to the Old Crow Medicine Show new years eve show in Nashville so i bought them and thought id suprise her. We got down there a few hours early so we decided we would call a cab,(weve never rode in a cab before lol) to take us downtown, he dropped us off a couple blocks from the ol Ryman and we walked around looking at downtown Nashville, it was pretty cold, so we decided to find a restraunt to eat, so i took the wife to hooters for her first trip..haha.. after a pitcher of margarita, we decided to walk on over to the Ryman and hang out a hour or so before the doors opened, we were the first ones there in line, they opened the door, and the guy frisked me, first guy in the door, and the first one to hold up the line, i had a small pocket knife and they took it away from me, i later found the guy and got it back, but anyway, concert was over so we decided to walk back to the motel, downtown was packed with people, but the further we walked the less crowded it became..we turned down one street, and i looked behind us and in front of us, and NOTHING!! Spooky feeling downtown Nashville, cold foggy nite, and not a soul around...as we walked up this street, Alicia was in front of me and i noticed a guy come out of one of the side streets, i thought, oh H#@L, its on...Alicia had her head down and didnt notice the guy, but we were on a collision course with him and i knew there would be a confrontation..about the time alicia looked up, he was there in front of her, ol homeless guy caught her off guard and says " Happy New Year can i have a hug?" I stepped in front of her and told the guy, "Happy new year to you, no, you cant have a hug!!!" lol, he says again, "happy new year!" im sure the guy was harmless, but new years at 2 am downtown nashville... anyway, now i know why i like the conforts of home and my pit bull and 9mm by my side.

I used to live acouple miles out of downtown nash. Super fun place I bet that concert was a hoot. Next time ya go keep away from the alleys, and do not let your lady take a purse. Seen and been in a lot of crazy situations down there

This was my first single new years in along time. Went to acouple small partys for the food then ended up at the bar rite before the countdown. Funest time I've had in awile

Rjennings said:
Great story, but I'm out of breath from reading the new longest sentence ever written. Haha. I was sleeping by 9:00pm.

Rjennings said:
Great story, but I'm out of breath from reading the new longest sentence ever written. Haha. I was sleeping by 9:00pm.

Sorry didnt know the punctuation police was on tinboats.com. :LOL2:. And you should check on that stuttering problem. (posted twice there Mel Tillis). :mrgreen:

Another good story was my New Years in Won-ju Korea.
Some Dilbert blew the Siren for an X-ray alert. Big doin's there. It meant the Gooks were coming down at us.

So...." mushster" all the troops. This is an un-real situation! Who would be cruel enough to do this to peace time troops?
The Tractor with the 28' Stake body Trailer comes rompin out of the Motor pool.
Headed for all the troops who are hardly dressed for any kind of Combat.
They are Standing and sitting and falling and laying in line out behind the mess hall in a large disorderly group. some were even armed.

And yonder comes young Locking-var, roaring outta the Motor pool, headed for the Rendezvous behind the Mess hall.
Who ever was driving, cut the corner a little sharp.... er Short.....
The Stake body caught the Corner of the Mess Hall roof and scattered it all over the troops who were by now running in all fashions of running that can be made to happen on New Years night.
We were so lucky we didn't lose anybody in that battle.
And NO, It wasn't me driving. At least I don't think it was.

A couple movies in the mancave with my wife and youngest daughter brought the new year in fine enough. They both went to sleep by 12:30 and I stayed up waiting for my oldest daughter to call letting me know she was home safe at her friend's house. Asleep around 2:00. Such a party animal. I'm waiting for the intervention. :wink:

Thats usually what i do, seems i always get into something...went to a friends house a few years ago with the wife and her sister to a party. Well, they were gettin pretty toasty, so i decided to not drink anything and be the designated driver. <<<---period, end of sentence. Anyway, guy had several diffrent jars of diffrent flavors of moonshine on a table for everyone to taste test so i tried a few because i have never drank moonshine before. I cut myself off before it was too late, and a few hours later, about 2 am in the morning, we left and i took my sister in law home then started home myself. Two lane road downhill and the speed limit was 35, nobody does 35 on this stretch of highway, i i think i was doing 46 and looked in the mirror and blue lights!! Luckly i wasnt drinking and driving, i hate drunk drivers and wasnt about to do it myself, had a friend killed when i was a teen by a drunk driver and his mother was a founding member of MADD...anyway, officer was just looking to nail drunk drivers on new years eve that night! luckly i wasnt one of them. He let me go with a warning, and i told him i had just taken the reserve class with the sheriffs department, and he said "well, you know what im doing then huh? " lol yes sir, i do i said!
Seems everytime i get out i either get mugged, pulled over, or some crap happens! i think you have the right idea fender, just stay at home!

Rjennings said:
Sorry didnt know the punctuation police was on tinboats.com. :LOL2:. And you should check on that stuttering problem. (posted twice there Mel Tillis). :mrgreen:
I was just being humorous, anyway I just stayed home with the family and watched movies, well, one movie, then I went to sleep thinking about fishing, so I dreamed about catching 18" crappie and slab bluegill through the ice, but it was still sketchy, so I waited a day, then it was just a little less sketchy, so I thought about it over a beer, then another, then the sketchy ice didnt ' seem so sketchee, so I called a friend, and asked my friend, friend do you want to go out in some sketchy ice and try to catch some fish,? And my friend was like ok sure, so we fished, and about 2 hours later we di'dnt have any fish sept a bullhead and a rock bass, so I said pour me another, then wife texted, hows' it going! You catch? anything, so I had to tell her that I wasnt: much of an angler and even though I fish about, 230 days every year, the only thing I'm good at catching is a buzz, so she said what else is new, so we left because a friend texted me to say we are frying up a bunch of fish n so come over and have some crispies, so we were like ok sounds good, let's go and tell the wives we are still fishing, they understand, so we went and had a good time, but I had to get home because I am on duty early in the morning, I pull people over for poor punctuation, i'ts my job to say Pppppppppullppull over, the end,

LOL, yea i was just givin u a hard time..i have learned that its safe to just stay home on new years, just the beginning of another year anymore, i guess im getting old!

When I was 16 I had too many tickets.
So the judge sentenced me to ride the Ambulance between Christmas and New Years.

"That'll learn ye!"

The Ambulance I got was a Cadillac Station wagon. Difficult to get in and out of the back end.
The Stretcher didn't have wheels.
It smelled of Disinfectant, Alcohol, Blood and Booze.
It was a hard riding, noisy thing to ride in.

"that'll Learn ye!"
And I did learn to be more careful. It was a good experience.

fender66 said:
A couple movies in the mancave with my wife and youngest daughter

A proper mancave would not be acceptable accommodations for a wife let alone your youngest daughter. Your "mancave" will now be referred to as the family room until drastic modifications are made! :LOL2:

BassAddict said:
fender66 said:
A couple movies in the mancave with my wife and youngest daughter

A proper mancave would not be acceptable accommodations for a wife let alone your youngest daughter. Your "mancave" will now be referred to as the family room until drastic modifications are made! :LOL2:

Oh....you're wrong. I made them stand for both movies. :wink:

Latest posts