The dangers of having a small boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlester

Reaction score
I just lost my boat for the month of January. Our pastor is doing a sermon series on "Fishers of Men" and they are decorating with fishing equipment. Guess who has the only boat small enought to get on stage. I really debated but I finally decided to let them use it. The kicker was that I have a lot of cleanup to to do in the back yard and I have a trailer box that I designed designed to be bolted onto my boat trailer for hauling trash and such. I decided that God was telling me that he had a place for me to store my boat so I could get the clean up and tree trimming done before it gets hot. The freezing weather was also a sign to stay off the water for awhile and fish from shore. It's not a good idea to be on the water by myself in this weather and I would have probably done it a few times regardless.

I really want to make a few modifications to the boat and this will give me a chance to keep the wife happy while I hit some materials together and thing about what I want to do. The boat is a 10' mod v. I figure a small shelf in front with floation and the battery underneath it, pull the middle seat and add a short pedistal seat. That will make it easier to move around in. I want to add some stabilization for the gunnels. This may not be necessary because of the size of the boat and my 2.5 hp outboard. I was thinking of a narrow aluminum shelf to store lures and small items. I want to use aluminum for any framing and the deck of the shelf, but I will use wood slats for the floor and on top of the aluminum shelf.

I am going to try the salvage yards for my aluminum. I have never dealt with them before. Any suggestions?

My boat should be blessed since it spent the month of January in church. Then again it's ashame what women do when you let them get ahold of your fishing gear.

nlester said:
My boat should be blessed since it spent the month of January in church. Then again it's ashame what women do when you let them get ahold of your fishing gear.

Awesome!