I think I did it?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
I think - after 16 years, I have the wife trained to automatically let me go fishing!

This afternoon she stopped by the post office near the local stream where I often fish. When she returened she mentioned that there were only two people there at the dam. She also asked if i woudl stop by the post office as she forgot something on my way to the stream.

Now I had no plans to fish at all today, but she assumed that I would - PERFECT!

Landed about 6 smallmouth 3 largemouth and a dozen or so red eyed rock fish. Nice evening and she was right, only a few people out fishing now that trout are finally done.

Hmmm, I hope she assumes a few tuna trips [-o<

:shock: Be afraid... be very afraid!!!!

She's got you nibbling... and she's getting ready to set the hook on you! #-o

I feel a huge "Honey Do" coming on... :lol:

Congrats on the catch!

When I'm thinking about going fishing I just follow her around the house being a general nuisance. I stand where she wants to go, I sit right next to her and say nothing, just generally being in her way. If she asks why I am hanging around so close to her I tell her I just am trying to show her some attention. About that time she says, “Why don’t you go fishing or something?”… See ya!

flounderhead59 said:
When I'm thinking about going fishing I just follow her around the house being a general nuisance. I stand where she wants to go, I sit right next to her and say nothing, just generally being in her way. If she asks why I am hanging around so close to her I tell her I just am trying to show her some attention. About that time she says, “Why don’t you go fishing or something?”… See ya!

NICE!!!! It works for everyone!! Right now my wife is saying " I cant wait to you get out fishing, you are driving me crazy around here!!!" LOL

Fishin NJ said:
SUCKER!!!!!!!!!! shes got you hook line and sinker. You should have went to the post office for her then came home and helped her around the house. It was a test and you failed :lol:

HAHA I agree with you, ESQUIRED is going to have a nice HONEY-TO-DO-LIST in the future :D

Sounds like a trick to me. From now on, whenever she wants you to do something, she will tie it to fishing, to be sure it gets done!

Gamefisher said:
Sounds like a trick to me. From now on, whenever she wants you to do something, she will tie it to fishing, to be sure it gets done!

That is just fine with me! =D>

She already seems to have to power to control the fishing luck - if I skip out on doing something (like mow the lawn, paint the kitchen, take out the garbage. . . . ) to go fishing, and have a bad day, she tells me she cursed the trip becuase I should not have gone until I finished my chores. [-X

glad she unleashed you, but where are the pics? Also when you said red eyed rock fish those are rock bass and not stripers (aka rock fish) right?

slim357 said:
glad she unleashed you, but where are the pics? Also when you said red eyed rock fish those are rock bass and not stripers (aka rock fish) right?

No pics on this trip nothing of any great size.

Yeah Red Eyed Rock Bass are not Rockfish, (aka Striped Bass) they are just slightly larger then a bluegill but very aggressive

rockbasm350.jpg

Rock Bass are pretty tasty as I remember as well. We used to fish for them when I was a kid and we visited the neighbors at their summer cottage in northern Wiscoland.