when will it all melt?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecirb_88

Reaction score
i just want the ice to melt on the missouri so i can go to ulm, but my boat in and attempt to catch fish,,,is that to much to ask?

ecirb_88 said:
is that to much to ask?
Yep, when you live in the great white north, the ice is one of the perks. :mrgreen: If you want liquid water in the winter ya gotta start moving south until you find it.

our ice has been back in forth, cant win. made for some decent fishing though.

I'll take any kind of wet at this point. Couldn't use the Lake Michigan boat much last year as there wasn't enough water at the launch for it towards the end of summer. Now I don't think I could launch my ski boat there. We need snow/rain/anything!

I live far enough south that we get rain, ice, and snow in one week, actually one day.
Last week it was so cold we reached 8" of ice on the lakes. Today we set a new record high temp of 64 degrees, the previous record stood for 99 years. We also got 1.7" of rain as of 10pm, and it is expected to rain all night. Tomorrow a cold front moves back in and the temps will drop to freezeing again, we will get ice, then turning to snow, forecast is 1"-2" of snow. WE need the moisture, but come on, can we get season appropriate weather to go with it? Snow in teh winter and rain in the summer? Is that too much to ask for?

Welcome to Central Illinois.

Hanr3, I know what you mean, I lived in central Illinois until was 18, my dad always gives me weather reports. Oh well I guess we just have to take what we get,,, maybe I'll just take up ice fishing?

You guys are lucky down there. Up this far north, we are happy if our ice is gone by the middle of April. The plus side to it is we get plenty of ice so we can drive our trucks on it and haul out our luxury fish houses!
:D :D :D

Attachments

• oldoffcaitlinsphone11032011 005.jpg
    oldoffcaitlinsphone11032011 005.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 169

Latest posts