Super Bowl 2013 - I Cant wait!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I love Super Bowl Sunday.

I like having friends over, huge feast, lots of beer and drinks, the commercials, and even a little football.

Whats on the menu?

I am thinking Ribs and sliders this year along with the usual suspects of wings, nachos...etc.

Who's going to win? I am thinking San Fran is going to take this.

Not a chance! The Ravens will be going back to Baltimore with the Lombardi Trophy this year. No doubt about it. \:D/ Either way, it will be a dog fight. If only it wasn't so far away... I cant handle it! :beer:

I was rooting for the ravens except for Lewis I never liked him and then today a report comes out the he was using a banned substance to help his arm heal they cant suspend him too late for that and he will retire after the game so there is nothing that can be done.
he is a good player but his pre/post game HEY LOOK AT ME crap is just too much

I too am looking forward to the game, even though I don't have a dog in teh fight.

Thinking we are doing $1 squares, Monday Night football card game, and for each score the opposing team does a cheer (everybody picks a team to win).

As for food, The wife is all over it. I got the beer on tap- Pumpkin Spice Ale, and a case or two of beer that has collected over the past year, mostly from the kids and thier friends. They come over to play cards/dominos, bring their own beer and the remainders end up in the man-cave fridge.

Monday Night Football card game was sold in 1998. We have been playing it ever since.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8925/monday-night-football-interactive-tv-card-game
This year we will turn it into a drinking game.

I already re-arranged the furniture for the party.

Since my beloved Packers didn't make it, I am rooting for the Niners. Gotta keep it within the league.

Hanr3 said:
Since my beloved Packers didn't make it, I am rooting for the Niners. Gotta keep it within the league.

Since my beloved COWBOYS didn't make it(AGAIN!) and the 49ers have 5 wins also I have hope that nobody wins But I am not sure thats going to happen :LOL2:

As far as food goes I am not sure, my anniversary (11yrs) is this saturday and I always cook a great meal something like surf and turf so maybe leftovers? Anyways I hope everyone enjoys the game. :beer:

The wifey whats snack foods for this weekend, so here is what I am thinking

Baja chicken and slaw sliders (Pull chicken and sweet slaw)

Pork lettuce wraps (Ground pork, sweet peppers, ginger, and onion)

Stuffed mushrooms (Crab, scallion, and cheese)

Taco bites (Taco Stuff)

Shrimp Dip (Wheat thins crackers)

Mini Stuffed potatoes (Cheese, broccoli, bacon and sour cream)

Baked or pan seared ham and cheese pinwheels (Wraps, ham, and cheese)

Hey Fool, this sounds really good........do you grill these things?

bigwave said:

Hey Fool, this sounds really good........do you grill these things?

Nope cook the ground pork, peppers, ginger, and onion in a frying pan with some olive oil then fill cold lettuce wraps and eat. I also make a dipping sauce for them with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, and olive oil. These things a so refreshing you can't get enough. You should give them a try. :beer:

Just the wife and I again this year. I wish the game started in the afternoon like it used to.

We are making a big pot of chili.

Adult beverages

Shrimp cocktails

Adult beverages

Veggie Tray with homemade dip

Did I mention adult beverages? :beer: :beer:

Man if I wasn't on call and 2600 miles from Fool's place, I know who's party I'd be crashing... =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

That sounds TASTY!!!!

Game Day Chili starting to simmer.

Attachments

• Game Day Chili a.jpg
    Game Day Chili a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 391
Game Day Chili ready to eat. Adult beverages being consumed. :beer: :beer:

Attachments

• Game Day Chili b.jpg
    Game Day Chili b.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts