What would you choose?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
If you had a day on your favorite body of water, would you rather ten big fish 4-7 pounds OR thirty fish 1-3 pounds.

Tough choice, I would probably say the 30 smaller fish.

I think I would go with the 10, 4-7# ers. I can remember all the days when I only cought one or two fish, but they were good fish. The ones where you catch a ton of rats are fun but they don't seem to stick out in my mind as well.

Big bass, I can catch all the small ones I want from my wifes pond. :lol:

D.R.

BRYCE said:
I think I would go with the 10, 4-7# ers. I can remember all the days when I only cought one or two fish, but they were good fish. The ones where you catch a ton of rats are fun but they don't seem to stick out in my mind as well.

True now that you mention it that way!

You always remember a day you caught a number of fish, But the big ones always stay in your mind!

For me it depends on what the fish were. A big smallmouth, I'd take the numbers of smallmouth. Big largemouth, I'd take the big largemouth over numbers.

The real question is would you take 1 big fish and then get skunked the rest of the day, or quite a few fish that just were "keepers"

Way to broad on the big fish quantity.

10 big, versus 30 little? 10 big, absolutely, no question, not a doubt in my mind...

When you fish as horribly as me, 10 little ones is a great day. :roll:

The question that would make me think would be 1 big fish vs. 25 little ones (and we'll put a 1.75 pound max on that, as with spots, which are what is primarily in my home waters, a 3 pound fish is a pretty good size fish, and a lot of fight).

But Jim, it's such a good subject.
I think,for me, it would depend on the situation.If I was in a tournament I would definitely take the 10 big ones. But,then again 30 1-3lbers is a great day too.
I'm split on this one.

Good thing about bringing up 3 year old posts, you know people are digging around and reading the forums... :) Depends on the fish for me... largemouths, i'd take the 10. Smallmouths or spots, I'd take the 30.

I agree with Bassboy on this one. I'm usually more of a nummbers/action kind of guy, but in that scenario I'd take 10 big ones any day.

It's not about the fish.

I did vote for 30 small ones though.

I rarely take any fish or pictures home so they are as big as I want them to be anyway.

30 smaller fish on a 5wt Fly Rod and talk about it for along time.

Our flat bottom boat are great to fly fish out of.

Yawl have a good one from Dixie.

(Alabama).

I would take the 10 big ones any day. My home lake that I normally fish, I can catch 15-20 bass everytime I go...but most of them are in the 10-12inch range.

Although there was one day about 10-12 years ago when they dropped the water level of the lake 3+ feet to kill off some of the grass that was taking over the shoreline. Me and my dad headed out to the lake early the morning after they dropped the water level. By about noon I told my dad I was ready to go home because I was tired of catching fish (remember I was 10 or 11 at the time). We caught well over 50 bass and a majority of them were over 3lbs. The big one of the day was my dad's at 8lbs 7oz.

I'm sure I will never have another day of fishing like that in my life.

Since I've never caught a bass over 4 lb.....I'd have to go with the big. I could use a day with even 1 or 2 of the BIG. That would make my day for a long time.

I would definitely take 10 big fish. Quality over quantity. And as LonLB said I would probably take one big fish and get skunked the rest of the day if it was a monster.

Latest posts