Hey flounderhead59 and others, a question about lights.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigUn

Reaction score
I read the thread about your LED trailer lights with great interest. Like everyone else that has ever owned a boat trailer, I've had more than my share of trouble with lights. Any more I unplug my lights before backing the trailer into the water. That has helped a little to reduce some of my trouble. But it makes it hard to get onto the trailer after dark too. I know less than nothing about LED lights. Would you or should you have to unplug them as well?? If not I'll have a set soon. You did a great job on yours and they look great. Thanks for your time.

I left my regular lights plugged in as well as the LED's. The previous light assemblies and the LED's have a water proof area that the bulb/LED's are in, so submerging them doesn't cause corrosion on the electrical contacts or thermally shock the light bulbs. I actually unplug the trailer lights after I launch my boat and then plug them back in just before I recover it. That is just so I don't get my plug adapter stolen though.