Tax return

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Is the government finally getting something right?

Tax return received in 6 days.

Now wheres that shopping list?

gillhunter said:
What's a tax return????????????? :LOL2:

Something that is here today and gone tomorrow..

Or the jeopardy way----- What is something I used to be able to spend in a night of partying Alex?

LOL...exactly, gillhunter....what's a tax return!? I've had to pay the last 5 years. Although, I would rather pay a little or 0 than get a return. When you get a return that just means you loaned the government money, interest free.

This is what I got, doesn't seem that they got it right to me! Have never seen this before, not for me or any return I have done. Oh, and I have done many returns, I was an acountant, I did many!!

Your federal return is lined up for processing
The IRS is not ready to accept tax returns that have certain deductions or credits in them - like yours. Your return will be automatically sent to the IRS as soon as they're ready to process it. This is a nationwide delay for all returns like yours - no matter who prepares them.

BackWoodsTracker said:
This is what I got, doesn't seem that they got it right to me! Have never seen this before, not for me or any return I have done. Oh, and I have done many returns, I was an acountant, I did many!!

The IRS is not ready to accept tax returns that have certain deductions or credits in them - like yours. Your return will be automatically sent to the IRS as soon as they're ready to process it. This is a nationwide delay for all returns like yours - no matter who prepares them.
When did you file? The IRS postponed the date to start processing returns this year because of some changes in tax laws. If you tried to file before Jan 30th, this could have been the reason. I filed on the 30th and it went right on through. My state return was postponed for a day or two. Something about curtain forms not being ready on their end.

I get that message as of Sunday. I am told to wait until after Mar. 1 and they might be ready then. I have never had this happen, never heard of this in the past. Looks to me like tax season snuck up on the IRS this year. The tax laws and rates should be known at the start of the year. There is no reason that the government should not be ready to accept ALL returns right off the bat!!!

BackWoodsTracker said:

Did you have the educational tax credit? If so then that would be the reason for that. My wife and I wont be getting ours till the end of March becuase of that credit.

Haven't done mine yet. Hope mine will come back soon. But the last 3 yrs. my return has been less even though I've made less each yr.

NoThe problem is, they are not checking for errors, like matching your w2 withholding to what you report. Thus the BILLIONS of dollars in tax fraud-I kid you not. I think the number is north of 6 billion in 2010. Guys found out was easy to buy turbo tax and a prepaid visa and make money at their local Starbucks.

Edit: it was 5 Billion in 2008, and has only gotten worse.

Latest posts