BBQ / Smoker ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
Does anyone here have one? I was thinking of getting a smoker. I like to BBQ and cook outside. Are there any pros and cons that I should look for? What kind of wood do you use for smoking?

I use a charcoal grill for a smoker and real hardwood charcoal. I soak the woodchips in water for an hour or 2 then drain and put in an alumnium pan covered in tinfoil with a very small hole in the top. lasts about 1 hourwith 3 cups of woodchips

I have a Propane one my wife bought me from BPS, mine is the 16x16 one.

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=52170&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

I've smoked salmons and turkey so far. Planning on doing a beef brisket soon.

Turkey_001_%28600_x_450%29~0.jpg

The only problem I have with this one is the wood chip box is cast iron and seems to need more heat on the bottom to make smoke but when you crank up the heat to make smoke the box temp goes to like 300 degrees. I am going to put a metal collar around the burner to control that and direct more heat to the chip box and not so much to the smoker box

If you want a foolproof smoker, go for a Masterbuilt electric. It's a set it and forget it deal with those outside of adding more wood.

I have a Brinkman Smoke-n-Grill propane unit. It works well but propane can be hard to regulate for heat depending on the wind and weather.

Types of wood are a matter of personal preference. Pretty much any fruit or nut tree can be used for variations on flavor.

Latest posts