Lake of the Ozarks Big Bass Bash in April.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
My dad or my brother in law, and I will be heading down in late April to fish the big bass bash. Just wondering if anyone else will be fishing it?

None of have ever even seen the lake. But we thought it would be a nice weekend get away and a good challenge.

I might give it a shot.....maybe??

I've been on that lake many times and even once during the fall Big Bass Bash in 2011. All I can say is there's tons of boats everywhere during that tournament. But, I've often wondered how I'd do in a Tourney like that.

You know, the guy that runs that lives down the road from me too.

Good luck if you do go. Watch for the guy with the BIG BASS...that will be me if I decide to go. :roll:

I talked both of them into fishing it (you can fish 3 guys in 1 boat). My other bro in law and his father in law are going down too. We are staying in Osage Beach at The Ledges.

I wanted to fish the Big Bass Splash last fall on KY lake but couldn't get anyone to fish it with me.

Well the Big Bass Bash has came and went.

They said that there were 2,000 fisherman that registered. As you said Fender, there were boats EVERYWHERE!!!!

It was TOUGH fishing! Between Wed and Thurs they got 3+ inches of rain. The water was stained on the main lake and muddy in the coves. My dad and brother-in-law pre-fished Friday and never had a bite (Temps were in the 40's and wind blowing 20+mph).

So we started off saturday throwing the A-rig, jerk baits, and a carolina rig. I caught 2 short fish within the first 10 casts on the A-rig and I never had a bite the rest of the day. My brother-in-law pretty much threw a jerk bait all day and caught several short fish but nothing big enough to weigh in. My dad was the one that would change baits every 5 minutes trying to find something they would bit on...but to no avail, he didnt catch a fish all day.

My other brother-in-law and his FIL caught 1 fish all day and it weighed 2.99lbs (they give a $500 prize for fish that weigh 3lbs and 4lbs even).

We thought Sunday was going to be a better day of fishing, it was cloudy, 65 degrees, and the wind was blowing 10mph out of the South. We changed up our plan and ran back up into the Grand Glaize Arm into the muddy water. After my dad and BIL caught a few short fish on jigs/jerk baits/crank baits, I get a call from my brother-in-law saying they had 2 fish in the boat over 3lbs and had caught a ton of short fish. They were throwing shallow running crankbaits in less than 3 feet of muddy water! So we switched our tactics to the shallow muddy water (we had been fishing in 15+ FOW). Within 5 minutes my dad caught a 3lber and had 2 short fish on a spinnerbait. My brother in law caught a few more short fish on a crankbait and then it just seemed like the bite stopped at around 11:30. So from 11:30 to 2:30 we never had a bite. We were within 5 minutes of leaving (final weigh in time was 3pm). My BIL hollered get the net! We landed the fish and guessed it to weigh around 6lbs. A few more casts and he yelled at me again to get the net. This time the fish came up, shook its head, made a run underneath the boat...and was gone. It straitened out the hook on his crankbait!!! We guessed that fish would have went 7+lbs. With 20 minutes left to make a 15 minute run, we packed up and headed to the weigh in.

My dads fish weighed in at 3.01lbs...again a one-hundredth of an oz from winning an exact weight bonus and my BIL's weighed 5.73lbs. Good enough for a 7th place finish in the hourly weigh-ins and $475.

Here is the bass my BIL caught...
jedd.jpg

Here you can see all the weights and prizes. https://www.bigbassbash.com

1st place--7.64
2nd place--7.58
3rd place--7.40

Latest posts