Tin Boats.net annual get together.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Dave

Reaction score
Ok who thinks this would be a good idea and would attend if it was centrally located and you were given enough notice?

I think Tin Boats.net should arrange and sponsor a yearly Tin boat get-together. Maybe one centrally located for you all in the Northern part of the US and another one for all of us in the South. The Pontoon forum I belong to did it and it was pretty cool. There would be discounts rooms for forum members. It was usually at a nice resort on a lake or big body of water. There would be fishing tournaments, BBQ’s nightly get together and stuff. :D What say you all?

I think it would be great if we have it in Lake Livingston Texas! Just think instead of being snowed/iced in you would be out fishing in shorts!

I like the idea. Do we get double points for our fish if its freshwater......we could call it the florida handicap. :mrgreen:

Head out to southren Ill Crab orachard wild life refugue
you have several lakes in the areaa that offer camping 10 hp limits or even an unlimited hp lake.
Giant City lodge could be used for the get together great food and cheap.

redbug said:
Head out to southren Ill Crab orachard wild life refugue
you have several lakes in the areaa that offer camping 10 hp limits or even an unlimited hp lake.
Giant City lodge could be used for the get together great food and cheap.

:LOL2: I’m just putting it out there. It would be up to the sight owner and administrators. Maybe if there was enough interest they might do something like that.

A TinBoats annual get together is certainly not a new idea or want, it's been brought up every year since our first outing at Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee in 2009. Here is an old post about our first outing and some food for thought for future outings. I believe all the suggestions are still valid today and for any future outing. Just passing it along, again, for future planning.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12175&hilit=dale+hollow

bigwave said:
I like the idea. Do we get double points for our fish if its freshwater......we could call it the florida handicap. :mrgreen:

We could ride our mirrocraft's together in style dominating the fishing tournament as the Florida crew

FishingCop said:
A TinBoats annual get together is certainly not a new idea or want, it's been brought up every year since our first outing at Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee in 2009. Here is an old post about our first outing and some food for thought for future outings. I believe all the suggestions are still valid today and for any future outing. Just passing it along, again, for future planning.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12175&hilit=dale+hollow

RC thank you for your contribution,

I’ve only been a member of this forum since late November 2012. I was not aware that you ‘all had an annual rally/get together. I didn’t see anything about it on the home page or the forums. In fact this all just came about as a result of some frequent communications with a few of the Florida forum members.
They suggested we get together in the not to distance future and do some fishing. I thought that was a great idea and that’s why I started this thread.

I read the post that you linked. It was interesting. I’m curious I didn’t see anything about any future rally from that point. Was there one in 2010,2011,2012? Or did the lack of a good turnout dampen the spirits for future gatherings?

I know there was some local events here in the Midwest (Illinois/Wisconsin area) Not sure if anyone else hosted or had an outing elsewhere since 2009??? Contact wasilvers, a member from Wisconsin who has organized some rally's in the Midwest :)

Maybe some other member can chime in here with info on any other outings they had in the past??

I love your idea of organizing a national TinBoats event - somewhere that many members can participate. I organized the first one in 2009, along with Jim and other members who helped out at the Dale Hollow Lake. I actually drove down from the Chicago area to visit and assess several resorts on the lake and worked out special rates for our group. It took a lot of time and effort to bring it all together. I had help from Jim and other local members like BassNbob (who lives close to Dale Hollow) and others. Point being, to organize a national event, it will take a lot of time and effort AND help from other members to make it happen.

Go for it and try to make it happen, good luck and I hope you can organize a great outing/rally/get together for the TinBoats group.

I get together with some of the east coast members on occasion

I wish Redbug would take me to Illinois!

Ban Bassaddict!

Good night all

Somebody put pins in a Map and try to circle the most populace.
Then find a lake in that circle.
I'll come if it's not too far and I'll have to sleep in the truck or the boat.

Dave in the past with different forums and activities it can be very difficult to plan a large event that pleases everybody (location, activities, lodging etc. As ahab said it seems to work out easier with local groups getting together for smaller outings. If you get the blessing from Jim and the administrators I would be willing to help plan a get together . I know in your thread you mentioned a saltwater tournament and I think with a lot more coastal tinboats joining the forum that would be great.

thudpucker said:
Somebody put pins in a Map and try to circle the most populace.
Then find a lake in that circle.
I'll come if it's not too far and I'll have to sleep in the truck or the boat.
This is a great idea! I don't mind driving.

Latest posts