Painted some lures today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Winter in Wisconsin can get pretty boring for a bass fisherman. While the lakes are sporting 12 inches of ice, I decided to go thru my fishing boxes. First I took an old spinnerbait and painted it my favorite rainy day colors. Today I took one of my many small cranks and made it match the perch in my local lake. I won't be taking BYOB's job anytime soon, but I think the will work for me. :grin:

Still have to clear coat them with something.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361736518621.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361736518621.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 563
I'm in Ohio and I've been just as bored :) Do you coat them with any sort of epoxy or resin? You could probably get them pretty glossy if you wanted to.

Henricogolfer said:
Nice work, what kind of paint are you using?

It's a mix of Badger Primary paint set (thanks to a 40% off coupon to Michaels) - and some Createx pearlized colors. The pearlized really make the baits look nice. I'm actually looking to see what other things I can paint with them :) If you used pearlized colors, be sure you used them over a good base like white or black. They just don't look the same over colors like yellow and such.

HOUSE said:
I'm in Ohio and I've been just as bored Do you coat them with any sort of epoxy or resin? You could probably get them pretty glossy if you wanted to.

I did now after I took those pictures. I went to the local autozone and bought some of this clear protective coat for plastics...
https://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Rust-Oleum-Clear-paint-for-plastic/_/N-25gw?itemIdentifier=69501_0_0_

It definitely gives it quite a shine. The picture has a car bumper on so I assumed it was like a normal clearcoat but not as rough on the paint as it cures. It smells just like the normal clearcoat stuff. I cant recommend it because I haven't tested it in fishing conditions. But it is easy to apply.

Latest posts