Arrggggg I need help.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
If you already looked at my post in the wanted section I apologize. This little bugger is really hard to find......I found two on ebay and they are proud of them. This antenna is the only kind that will work with my chartplotter......does anyone know of some salvage yards anywhere that might have one laying around. I have looked all over florida with no luck. A marine service center might have them too, I was hoping to buy a new one that has cobwebs and dust. Lowrance basically told me I was SOOL, look on ebay......what great customer service. I also am looking for specific chip.

antenna part number LGC 12W Or EGC 12W.
Navionic part number SD/15Xg-2

The chip is not that hard to find, I need to find the antenna first or its back to the drawing board on my machine. My 4212 garmin is a bit to big for my tinboat.

Please help me....... [-o<
Kevin

Attachments

• 2309359726164040_1.jpg
    2309359726164040_1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 556
No, when I talked to Lowrance they said that the model I have will only work with the 12w antenna......no wonder the guy gave me a good deal on the unit.....they are around but the whole ebay thing is going to be a last resort. I just started looking for this week. My local boat salvage place does not have one. The one that came with my was left on the boat when he sold it. I was hoping that someone has and old one that they do not need anymore. I am will to pay for it but the idiots on ebay know what they got and have them jacked up. I just want a fair price......

Is this one of the ones you located ??
https://compare.ebay.com/like/230935972616

Have you tried Sears

I also read this..."Eagle EGC-12W same as the Lowrance LGC-12W GPS Receiver. Works on all lowrance lgc-12w applications." and wondered if you might substitute ??

I found the following here.

" I have a Lowrance 104-C with LGC -12W GPS receiver and recently got a Eagle Fishstrike 2000 w/EGC-12W. Both are NMEA 0183 standard. I had the same concerns. According to a Lowrance tech I spoke with today the two will work interchangeably to a point.
1. The Lowrance LGC-12W will work with either unit.
2. The Eagle EGC-12W should not be connected to a Lowrance unit if you would ever anticipate later using it on an Eagle unit. Connecting it to a Lowrance unit will permanently change the internal baud rate of the Eagle receiver/antenna. It may not function right when trying to change it back. He said the Lowrance receiver/antenna would automatically switch/adjust to whichever unit it was connected to."

Thanks for the info Doc, Good to know that the eagle will not function like the lowrance....I guess if I really want to use this unit I will have to buy the ones on ebay....there are several to choose from, but I will not pay 2-3 hundred bucs. I might just buy a newer model and bite the bullet.

Latest posts