Alabama angler's monstrous striped bass is one for the recor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Anyone seen this? Totally amazing fish!

https://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/51239/alabama+anglers+monstrous+striped+bass+is+one+for+the+record+books/

Wow! I'm shocked he landed it in 20 minutes and if you think about it, I would have expected it to weigh a lot more just going by the picture. I mean it's almost as long as he is, it's certainly bigger around than him, and even if he is a short man he's gotta weigh 145+. Amazing fish either way and should hold a place in the record book for a long time to come.

I gotta agree, 20 minutes seems quick. I suspect it was nip and tuck whether the angler would land the fish or become lunch.

Fantastic fish. Need take all the measurements for a wall mount and then fillet it for a good dinner. Makes my mouth water. Are we invited? lol

I could see 20 minutes if he was using really heavy gear. Or if the fish was sick--stripers are usually a more slender fish than that. I've caught some really big carp, a fish that is usually a great fighter. My biggest was a quick fight though--I think because it was sick (bloated, scales flailed out, etc.). Regardless, what a beast of a fish!

You are looking at a 5' 2" tall man standing next to a 4 foot long fish.

A fish that size in a landlocked environment will not have the stamina and fight of an open water fish simply because it doesn't have to swim very hard or very much to survive (probably the reason for the big gut on the fish).

None-the-less, I wouldn't throw it back !!! :wink: :LOL2:

Latest posts