what fishing pole to buy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecirb_88

Reaction score
trying to figure out what fishing pole to buy, taking suggestions! i pretty much only fish for trout in the river off my boat,, right now i use a medium light rod and love it,, just looking for a little better quality. also trying to keep it under 100 bucks

I like my Abu Garcia Veritas. They run about 100,but feel like more. There are many choices out there, get to a large store and try them all until you find something you cant resist.

I use ultra light rods for trout and buy the cheapest ones I can find. I have bought quite a few over the years and only one has broken which was a Wally world five footer for $14! It's twin is still going strong!

My latest purchase was a no name brand rod and spinner, again five feet long. It was about $20 for the rod and reel. I used it on our last outing a couple of weeks ago. I caught two good size ones and my GF with her $70 rod caught zip!

I do have more expensive trout rods and reels but my cheap setups catch the most fish!

One that catches fish...

Anyway, got that out of my system.

I don't know about trout but I have and was surprised by how good the gander mountain line of rods is.

I was looking at $100 dollar range bass rods and ended up with a gander mountain gsx. almost a hundred but very nice rod. Light and sensitive. Like I said, never looked for a trout rod but I would check them out.

i use a lamiglas mbs ligh. 7 foot. its super sensitive,but fun as hell to fish with.even the minnows feel huge :LOL2:i have other 7 ft. med./heavies but don't use them much,unless i'm downrigging.the lami was almost $100 .i really wouldn't know a good spinning rod though,i prefer flies.

200racing said:
a carrot stick paired with a light reel would be sweet setup.
Roger That!
Carrot Stick Wild 7'0" w/ a Shimano stradic 2500Ci4 reel.............but thats a lot of $$$$$$.

Attachments

• DSC00505.JPG
    DSC00505.JPG
    412.6 KB · Views: 195
Trout/Salmon - depending on how big your fish are:

St. Croix Triumph Steelhead, spinning:
- 8'6" Medium two piece
- 9' Light two piece, fast action.

Toss your favorite reel on and have fun.

Latest posts