Crankbaits Poll

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Favorite Crankbaits are

• Crawdad - Green

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Crawdad - Yellow

• Crawdad - Red

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Crawdad - Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crawdad - Dark

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Crawdad - Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baitfish - Silver

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Baitfish - Red

• Baitfish - Perch

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Baitfish - Bluegill

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Baitfish - Other

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Not on the Poll

• Total voters

wasilvers

Reaction score
As I started painting more baits, I see there are literally hundreds of ways to paint a lure. The one that has me most confused is the standard crankbait. I hear pros talking about ticking rocks or logs 'like a fleeing crawdad" and I hear others say their favorite colors are "Sexy Shad" or some other bait-fish imitator.

So what does the crankbait mean to you? I tried to make the poll tell two things. First is what are you trying to imitate when using one and Second - what is your favorite pattern. I barely use any crankbaits, so this will help me paint my lures/stock my box with what you have found successful.

For reference, this is the body style of lure I'm referring to:
CrankbaitHoffman_BillSizeRa.jpg

Thanks for your vote!

TOTALLY depends on the water I'm fishing.

I have one lake where I fish either a sexy shad color on/around docks and a Phantom Green (or very dark brown/red) crank. Other lakes, I will fish chartreuse. Water conditions matter too.

:twisted: For me they are mainly imitating baitfish. Use cranks all year round from 40 to 80 plus water temps. Natural colors are my favorite for most of the year. Spring time I use red craw colored ones.

I would say i throw cranks as much as much anyone out there. The biggest thing determining color and pattern is time of year and water clarity. I like shad colors when fishing shallow dock and whatnot. But when i pull out the dredge it tends to be either something bright like a firetiger or parrot or a dark red craw like pattern. Water clarity being the decideing factor.

Latest posts