Jaws Lives

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
Hey guys check this out....this is one of my real good customers and this is what they caught on friday.........anyone want to go swimming. This is right in my back yard.....who says there are no great whites in the Gulf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z8jJpVMG59Q

Nice....what size boat was he on? I've been on a 17' with 8-10' tiger sharks swimming around and that will make you pucker just a bit.

The boat is a 32' Donzi.......they sent the tape to Mote Marine Lab. The scientist confirmed that the shark was near 18' and probably weighed 2500-3000lb :shock: Only one angler fought this fish for 3.5 hours, they might even qualify for a world record since they did touch the leader.

No there were four guys on the boat from Canada....they were bottom fishing for snapper, grouper......they were five miles away from where they hooked the shark when they cut the hook. The captains dad said they caught the shark on an old 6/0 senator and a 30 year old star rod. I work for a company that sells commercial fishing gear, and believe it or not the commercial guys catch several white sharks every year......some as close as 10 miles from shore. I have not personally witnessed a white shark, but I have seen some huge Tiger,Hammers,and bulls when I spearfish here on the west coast of Florida. There are some really big fish around here.......with big teeth too. :mrgreen:

We do just about all of our saltwater fishing in the steinhatchee area and we have been seeing more and more sharks. Anything from 1 ft to 10 ft. And some times with some strange behavior, had a 8 ft+ hit a fluke on the flats one day!

Latest posts