Sleep study

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
parkerdog

Sleep study

Post by parkerdog » 24 Mar 2013, 18:28

thudpucker wrote:That Water is optional. I don't use it.
I have to use it or it dries my throat out too much.
1860 tracker grizzly (work in progress)

Xtremeboats
johnnybassboat

Sleep study

Post by johnnybassboat » 24 Mar 2013, 18:45

parkerdog wrote:
thudpucker wrote:That Water is optional. I don't use it.
I have to use it or it dries my throat out too much.
Yup me too

RStewart

Sleep study

Post by RStewart » 24 Mar 2013, 23:05

parkerdog wrote:
RStewart wrote:I had a sleep study done last night. Man that was an experience.I feel better this morning, but sure didn't feel like I slept any better. If any of you all snore loudly, wake up groggy, your other half says you stop breathing in your sleep, or you are tired during the day get checked for sleep apnea. I've known about sleep apnea for years but it never really sunk in hire serious it is. I'm sure I will be sleeping with a machine for a long time, if not forever & it will take some getting used to, but the benefits are worth it.
It took me a couple weeks to get used to mine, it's been over 10 years now and I can't sleep without it. It gets to be routine.

Wait till the condensation builds up in the night and runs in your nose. Wakes you up real quick. Waterboard is what comes to mind.

I've learned to run the hose under the blanket and next to my body to try to cut down on the condensation. Water builds up in the tube and it will get noisey.
My cousin was telling me about the condensation.
14ft Richline semi v

Sinner by birth...Saved by the Grace of GOD!!!

thudpucker

Sleep study

Post by thudpucker » 25 Mar 2013, 09:10

I wonder....How many of those Spouses had thought of adding a pillow to the event when you stopped breathing? :LOL2:

dejamat

Sleep study

Post by dejamat » 25 Mar 2013, 15:28

You guy's with the condensation build up, raise or lower your heat settings and put you unit lower than your bed. That way the condensation flows back to the machine when excessive. The blanket trick works for me as well. Have been using mine for 7 years.

Fishin-joe

Sleep study

Post by Fishin-joe » 25 Mar 2013, 19:22

My ex-wife who is a respitory therapist at a big hospital and I went and they told me I needed it. When i got to the medical equipment place the person that sets it up said that my readings were to low for any machine and they would set it at the lowest setting. They also told me that they get alot of people like my with low readings that are sent and do not really need the machine, the ex-wife tells me know that it is a big rage among doctors so they can make more money.
Born to Fish - Forced to WORK ( the four letter word ) LOL..........

2003 Tracker Grizzly 1648 allweld, 25 hp Merc ELH, Minkota 55 lb foot controlled.

http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27605

thudpucker

Sleep study

Post by thudpucker » 25 Mar 2013, 21:36

Maybe in some cases it's a Raid on Medicare, but would you take the chance?

My machine is set on "2" but I have no comment there as they never told me why or what that means. It works and I'd recommend it for all you guys.

RStewart

Sleep study

Post by RStewart » 25 Mar 2013, 21:58

I'm ready to get my machine.I believe it will help. I don't think it is a sham in my case.
14ft Richline semi v

Sinner by birth...Saved by the Grace of GOD!!!

parkerdog

Sleep study

Post by parkerdog » 27 Mar 2013, 18:19

RStewart wrote:I'm ready to get my machine.I believe it will help. I don't think it is a sham in my case.
Just have to be patient with it at first. Won't be long you'll be addicted like me.
1860 tracker grizzly (work in progress)

Hanr3

Sleep study

Post by Hanr3 » 27 Mar 2013, 21:32

I don't snore. I breath heavy.
It's what I tell my wife all the time.

When I sleep on my back, which happens once in a blue moon, I wake myself up snoring. #-o 99.9% of the time I sleep on my stomach. Cuts the noise down dramatically. Plus I sleep with my mouth closed, otherwise I dry out and get sick.

MY wife complains about my snoring, truth be told its her.
HOI Crappie Club
Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

'97 16' Sylvan Back Troller Select
'67 14' Alumacraft
'57 Model FD11 18-hp Johnson Seahorse
'09 Traverse FWD V6 w/ towing package, power sun and moon roof, and ton of other options. The only one I wanted was the towing package. :mrgreen: