Missouri tin-boaters!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno685

Reaction score
Sound off! Where's all the Missouri boys at and what waters do you fish most? What's species do you usually target?

Wow man i logged on to do this same thing today and first started looking at the forums and here you are doing the same thing, totally weird. :shock:

I live near Branson and fish the waters all the time Tablerock including all the rivers , Taneycomo and Bull Shoals. I need to start on the lakes north of Springfield like Stockton and fellows.

Great minds think alike, maybe get a Missouri fish off somewhere in the middle of the state.

To all the Missouri Tin Boaters, since I live in the tourist capitol of the state look me up if you are coming this way and maybe we can get a day of fishing in :D

That's cool man. Would be fun to have a fish off sometime. I live in Desoto and mainly fish local rivers and streams(mostly big river,meramac, and Joachim creek), but that will change whenever I finally get my boat finished. Product of my own procrastination.:p I used to fish several private lakes in Terre du Lac, a lake subdivision about a half hour south of here. I try to make it down to Wappapello at least twice a year. I've been to Branson about a million times in my life, as most Missourians I think :D , but only got to fish a couple of times:|. Mostly because of family trips and being on other peoples schedules. Would love to take a trip down sometime just to fish and learn Table Rock a little better. Plus I hear there is excellent bowfishing there and that is by far my favorite thing on the water. If you've never tried it you should! You will be hooked for life!

Nope have not tried that, just to many hobbies I guess LOL, but i did find a Groupon on Pomme de Terre lake here is the link, https://www.groupon.com/deals/the-bowfisher-6?pt=aUV2X5zAAAAA7BJHrsdzNt0YowMBi8eBU perrty cheap to.

That is cheap. Thanks for the info. The guy that runs those charters also runs the bowfisher magazine. The only magazine, that I know of, dedicated solely to bowfishing. Based right here in Missouri, thought that was pretty cool.

Cedar Hill here. You'll catch me on the Big in Jeff Co.,The Meramec in Franklin and and Crawford Co., and the Gasconade. Also fish any lake any time, I'm not Skeered. If you see this rig you'll see me in it.
108_0431.JPG

Cool man. Where do you put in on the Big the most? I bet we have crossed paths at least once. Nice rig by the way!

Ryno685, I guess no more Missouri guys on here or maybe they are not looking in this thread. Maybe we should come up with a MO club under that Forum in Tin Boater, just a thought, let me know what you think.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A club would be fun, but I couldn't be very active in it. I've got way too many irons in the fire right now. It's a very cool idea anyway.

Reporting in from Beautiful Downtown Fenton!

When I get my jet back up and running (soon I hope)....I fish the Big, Meramec, and any of the lakes in Missouri. Until that's running again...I fish in my glass bass boat only in the lakes and usually tournaments.
Clearwater, Lake Ozarks, Pomme de Terre, Table Rock, Mark Twain, etc.. Heading to Barkley the end of next week...but that's Kentucky. Last year I fished Rend in S Illinois a couple times too. I'll go anywhere if I think there's fish! Species I'm after are Large and Small Mouth Bass, Kentucky. If I'm in the right mood I'll go after some crappie too, but I think I only did that for about 15 minutes last year. Hard for me to put my bass gear down.

I've been lurking tin boats for years but just got registered. Anyway I'm north of KC and primarily fish the MO river for blues and flatheads. Here is a poor pic of my boat.

Attachments

• IMG954060.jpg
    IMG954060.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 4,268
Welcome aboard bud! Newly registered here myself. Only "officially" been on tinboats about a month or so. Love this place!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=309139#p309139 said:
Ryno685 » 06 Apr 2013, 05:31[/url]"]Cool man. Where do you put in on the Big the most? I bet we have crossed paths at least once. Nice rig by the way!

I like Merrill Horse the best,but put in at all the JeffCo ramps. I don't use MorseMill or Rockford Beach much in the summer,Don't like paying. Havn't been to the Big yet this season. When I have the time,the river is way up. When the river is down near normal,I don't have the time. I want to try the Washington State Park ramp,but just havn't got to it.

Im from the Fenton area as well. I fish the Big anywhere there is a ramp. I hit the Meramec from Cuba to the confluence with the Mississippi for bass and catfish. Im on the Missouri from Weldon Springs to Herman on a regular basis for catfish and camping.

Im obsessed with smallies and spend most of my time on the Big chasing them.

bulldog said:
If you all would want to get together, I'd be in for sure. Fishing or just running the river.

Sounds good bud! Might hit ya up sometime if things ever slow down and actually get to go fishin again! :wink:

Like Fender and Bulldog, I'm from Fenton as well. I'm still working on my first tin which is about 2 weeks from the water. Target date 7/4.
I've fished all of the afore mentioned lakes, I've fished the Meramec, Missouri, St. Francios, White river, etc... Mostly any kind of fishing, even trout. Now, I spend most of time on Wappapello and Clearwater which is near my farm. Bull Shoals is my favorite thou.

Glad to meet you all.

I'm in St Charles, originally from Texas and just getting back into fishing. So I don't have much experience around here. Got my boat last year and did one trip to Mark Twain. Currently rebuilding the layout and should be on the water again in a few weeks.
Looking forward to fishing the Meramec, Gasconade, Bull Shoals, Mark Twain, Wappapello and Clearwater. We also bought a lot in Timberline a lake community in JeffCo with 13 lakes.

Latest posts