Need to Vent

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
You know its going to be a bad day when on your way out to work at 5:30AM you miss the last step and your head goes through the glass door. MY knees are screwed up, my ankle hurts, got glass in my eyes and ears and I STILL went to work. :x

oh well, Lucky to be alive I guess :D

Get this. I needed a new roof so in OCT. I was putting it on and just so happened it was "one of those days" only I pulled a treal good one......... I just so happened to back OFF MY ROOF which was about 15 ft. and managed to break 4 ribs,a collar bone, busted my splene, damaged my liver slightly, hemoraged for a while, and a few other things that they{doctors} said was wrong that I can't pronounce!! But I ended up missin' 5 weeks of work over the whole deal and didn't enjoy it a stinkin' bit!!! So ...yea, I know where your comin' from dude! :shock:

Jim:

This explains so much about you

Careful out there - it is getting icy!

Borrow the ZeeBass hockey skates

Here are my skates:

clearnose_skate.jpg

I think both of you are very lucky indeed.

Things like this make you realize life can change radically in just a few seconds.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336243#p336243 said:
Jonboat Jerry » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:04 am[/url]"]Lots of "Healing JuJu" to you Jim.......hoping for a speedy recovery. Jerry :)

Nice touch Jerry - if you look at the date of his post he is likely as "healed" as he will ever be.

Again, these head injuries explain so much about Mr. Jim. For example, he still fishes with me a few times each year - knowing that my fishing "trips" might last three or four days without a break

(I did catch him sleeping in his truck last summer at 3 am - what a wimp!)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336247#p336247 said:
Captain Ahab » 11 minutes ago[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336243#p336243 said:
Jonboat Jerry » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:04 am[/url]"]Lots of "Healing JuJu" to you Jim.......hoping for a speedy recovery. Jerry :)

Nice touch Jerry - if you look at the date of his post he is likely as "healed" as he will ever be.

Again, these head injuries explain so much about Mr. Jim. For example, he still fishes with me a few times each year - knowing that my fishing "trips" might last three or four days without a break

I hear Jim is a slow healer. He might still have a scab or two???

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336252#p336252 said:
Jim » Today, 15:26[/url]"]If Captain keeps on brining up old posts we will ban him from the internet forever.

He probably finds reading old posts more entertaining and informative than watching Netflix.

Captain Ahab said:
Lots of "Healing JuJu" to you Jim.......hoping for a speedy recovery. Jerry :)

Funny Capt!.........I feel so stupid......must read post date before replying....... :oops:
Party on everyone. Jerry :)

Jim I hope you're healing up ok and glad it wasn't any worse,

Talk about irony, it was just the other day when I posted this on another thread. I was trying to make the point that often times strange and unforeseen things "regarding personal safety" pop up that we just cant "reasonably" prepare for.

I respect your knowledge and your opinion sir, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record I will restate my intension and my “opinion” Without going in to any deep philosophical presuppositions I will say this. Life is full of risk and I have neither the time, energy or desire to give a plethora of examples above this.

You might walk out your front door tomorrow, trip hit your head on the payment and receive blunt trauma resulting in severe hemorrhaging of the brain and die. It happens. So are we to walk around in bubble wrap and wear a NFL approved helmet all the time? Of course not and why not, because it’s not reasonable.

one thing you will learn is to watch the weather channel When you see a cold snap in the southeastern part of Pa that last for more than a few days Ahab starts searching the site for old threads

the good news is 60* this weekend so he will be back to important stuff like his BAN BA threads

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340231#p340231 said:
BassAddict » 20 minutes ago[/url]"]
Jim said:
If Captain keeps on brining up old posts we will ban him from the internet forever.

Jim when will this stop being an empty threat. Ahab has resurrected countless old threads without even a lengthy suspension!

Oy vey! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Like the pot calling the kettle black.

Once again with the Ban Ahab. I can't believe it just because he was expressing concern of a fellow tinboater and dear friends well being. Why would making sure that Jim had no lingering effects of a long ago accident be an act worthy of banning such a kind and considerate individual? I think some sort of medal of honor should be bestowed upon the Captain instead. I'm also fairly certain had Jim mentioned that there were some lingering effects the dear Captain would have been the first to offer assistance and aid to the site-master known as "Jim". I say Ban BA for causing trouble in the kingdom once again. :lol:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340246#p340246 said:
WVfishnfool » 1 minute ago[/url]"]Once again with the Ban Ahab. I can't believe it just because he was expressing concern of a fellow tinboater and dear friends well being. Why would making sure that Jim had no lingering effects of a long ago accident be an act worthy of banning such a kind and considerate individual? I think some sort of medal of honor should be bestowed upon the Captain instead. I'm also fairly certain had Jim mentioned that there were some lingering effects the dear Captain would have been the first to offer assistance and aid to the site-master known as "Jim". I say Ban BA for causing trouble in the kingdom once again. :lol:

WOW.....guess we know who's been "bought" in this debate. :mrgreen:

fender66 said:
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340246#p340246 said:
WVfishnfool » 1 minute ago[/url]"]Once again with the Ban Ahab. I can't believe it just because he was expressing concern of a fellow tinboater and dear friends well being. Why would making sure that Jim had no lingering effects of a long ago accident be an act worthy of banning such a kind and considerate individual? I think some sort of medal of honor should be bestowed upon the Captain instead. I'm also fairly certain had Jim mentioned that there were some lingering effects the dear Captain would have been the first to offer assistance and aid to the site-master known as "Jim". I say Ban BA for causing trouble in the kingdom once again. :lol:

WOW.....guess we know who's been "bought" in this debate. :mrgreen:

Most of the Ahab army is bought, and those who didn't receive compensation need to demand it

Latest posts