ATV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANGEYE

Reaction score
I've been doing some window shopping for a side by side. They all LOOK good, but I have no experiance with any of them. Do any of you have any experience these things? Can you share the good and the bad? What brand would you recomend? Motor size? etc. etc.. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks HANGEYE

200racing said:
are you wanting to work or play?

A little of both, but at a slow pace. I'm too old to work hard or play hard. Just looking for a dependable, all around machine. No need for the fancy bells and whistles. I am thinking I might need 4 wheel drive though.

I have put all the Mule, Rhino, and Ranger to hard work and alot of play. To be honest I completely hated the Rhino. The Mule is horrible. The Ranger is GREAT and fast. There not for much utility but you can hit 60 with the RZR's.

you can hit 60 with the RZR's.

:shock:

I'd be scared at 20. I don't need speed, just function.
Have you tried the John Deere? The seem to be built fairly well. Any thoughts?

I've got 2 friends that own Rangers. I've never heard any complaints on the newer one. The other one is an older 700 size. I've driven/used this one quite a bit and the only problem it's ever had is the little mini hydraulic cylinder for the tilt steering wheel went out. I haven't tested the top speed on it but have no doubt it will do 45-50 easily. The old original JD Gators were crappy but I'm not sure how their newer models are. Most of the farmers and hunters around here are a bit gun shy when it comes to the Gators because of their early history.

if your thinking more utility check out the kubota sxs.

the kubota and ranger can be cabbed and used for snow plowing if you want.

I think that if I were looking for a SxS for work and play, I would strongly look at the CanAm Commander. A Polaris Ranger would be my next option for an all arounder. I would likely get a new Gator or Kubota if I planned on doing more work and hunting. A Arctic Cat Wildcat, then CanAm Maverick for a pure sports machine. I see an awful lot of Polaris Rzrs at offroad events. They are remarkably capable offroad machines and most will run close to 60 if not a little faster.

They are getting closer and closer to cars. The Commander is under 1300 pounds and has north of 80hp. Some SxS vehicles are edging over 100hp. There are some places where you can get these legally roadworthy and drive just about anywhere, interstates excluded, under dunebuggy laws.

My father-in-law and his 2 neighbors all have Rangers.

My father-in-law uses his for farming, hunting, and just an all around utility vehicle.

His 1 neighbor is an lady in her early 60's. She uses her for mostly hauling wood to burn in her wood stove.

The other neighbor is also uses his for farming/hunting.

They all love theirs.

Latest posts