safeguard bimini tops

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbouy

Reaction score
does anyone out there have any knowledge of safeguard brand tops? i'm looking on ebay and they're going for $166.00.the sunbrellas are around $500.i know you get what you pay for,but for the price,even if it only lasts a couple of seasons would be worth it.its 600 denier canvas,which is thin, but I don't see the tube thickness or if the hardware is nylon or stainless. it also comes with a zippered boot.probably not great for ripping around with,but I want one for trolling around all day.anyone?

Also, the less expensive Mfrs use thinner aluminum and don't use stainless fittings, cutting cost on hardware.
Sunbrella is the only Mfr that also warranties their fabric.

After having a professional canvas which was older, granted but it was torn up in storms here in the Pacific Northwest waters just the same. The supports were aluminum, yep lost one altogether right off the boat last season. Our other boat we used to have had all the stainless, that is my preference. I highly recommend spending more for better quality from the bars to the canvass if your weather had any issues. Even search for kindly used tops but watch the age may give you much more time than a cheap one would. We are in too rough of waves and winds here for that kind of top. However, if you are not where it is windy and just want to keep the sun or rain off...you could always reinforce it. I understand having to watch the costs....been down at the boat hand sewing that canvas back together more times than I could count on the other boat...old canvas tears quite nicely.

Latest posts