I can make you some custom parts or designsfor a CNC machine

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler_W

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I just thought i would mention that i can run a CNC autocad software and get parts cut for any kind of project you need. I can also just make you a design from one and send you the files so you can get it cut somewhere else. You will just have to give me some dimensions on whatver you wont and i will do it. The only thing is that if you want me to make it you will just have to reimberse me for that charges of the material. If you just want a design it will be totally free!

You know what would be really cool...really really cool. Custom reel handles with a fancy aluminum design. Something like this but just 2 sides not the 4. I wish I could draw. :oops:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 646
Tyler - can you make an aluminum worm mold with that?

image.php

Man i can tlaest try to make the mold! lol I'll try monday when i get to school. I'm pretty quick with these kind of things so i might actually have them done tomorrow. What size and design would you want on the worm mold? And for the reel handle i can definately do that! but i'll just have to take one of my reels apart to see what type of hole i need to put in the center. Jim, do you know if all reels have the same tpe of hole in the handle? And another question on the mold, How do you want it to clamp down? Do you want to have threaded holes or what?

oh good Lord, I think I'm gonna pass out. =P~

Tyler thats an awsome offer. Let me think for awhile here, there has been something I've been wanting to redo :wink:

yep buddy list :lol:

I think shimano models are different than Daiwa. I am not 100 percent. When I get back home I can take a look for sure.

Here is a closer example. Obviously we would want to straighten it out a little and no sharp blades...similar to this I think would be sweet on some reels. Give the reel that "Custom chopper" look!

man...then we could anodize them and sell them and become rich and........:LOL2:

Attachments

• blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 594
Jim wants to cut somebody's fingers off... :lol:

Nice offer, Tyler.

I run Pro/E and do that kind of stuff for a living. You guys may have seen some of my stuff when you've lifted the hood on various vehicles and not even known it. :wink:

Yeah Jim i can do something like that but i'm trying to come up with a finger handle design

Thats awsome. I have done some cnc programming before, but have no access to a machine anymore. I still have the simulation software though. I had been thinking about making reel handles and drag stars similar to jim's ideas, that would be one BA reel.

Where did you get your software? I;ve been trying to find some for my home computer that way i don't have to wait untill schools starts each day

It is crappy old anilam software I think, or something like that. I got it when I took a CNC class in college. It was only for an older basic 6 axis machine, but you could still do a bunch of cool stuff with it.

I am actually thinking about going another route to make custom handles and star drags. I think I am going to use an air rotary tool with some carbide bits. I have made custom grips and stuff like that out of bar aluminum before. I think I could do a cool job, and you are only taking material off and lightening up the reel. You may be taking a risk of screwing it up, but I don't mind the risk, then I have a reason to buy a new reel #-o