How about this day on the water!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowe 2070 CC

Reaction score
So, with the Mississippi projected to crest at or near flood stage, me and a buddy decide we need to go over to the Island we hunt and get trucks and such moved to higher ground. We head out early, so a light jacket is a must. After moving trucks and piddling with other things around the camp we make the hike back to the chute bank. By now it's warmed up some, so I throw my jacket (with wallet and keys) on the rear deck and cross the chute to check on a 15' jon tied to a tree just to be sure it's secure. Well somewhere in that narrow window I manage to kick my jacket over the edge without noticing.

So, we get ready to head home, I look down and no jacket. Current is pulling hard at about 8 mph. we run downstream looking for about an hour and nothing. This means I have to call the wife to bring me the spare keys just so I can get out of the river.

Then I begin the battle of cancelling credit cards et.. Just before 4 I head to the Highway Patrol Office to get a duplicate drivers license. Having No ID, I show them my Truck insurance card and checkbook. Given that the names and addresses agree they issue me a duplicate license, but they want $8.00 CASH (the nice lady offered to wait for me to bring back cash). Again, I lost my wallet and have only a checkbook available. So, I run to the bank, at 4:30, to cash a check. Lo and behold they ask for ID! I again go through my entire story, including how I already called them to cancel my ATM card, and how I have no ID. Eventually, and employee there that knows me ok'd the transaction without ID and I make it back to pick up my license.

Then I notice that I need gas!

Hope I never have to go through that! Loosing a wallet is a royal you know what! I had my favorite insulated hoodie go missing after a run in a buddies bass boat. #-o

I had the same thing happen a few years ago.
Whenever I get in the boat now,my wallet and keys go in a pocket on the side of my fishing bag(tackle).

When on my boats, I have my electronics and wallet in a bright yellow water tight floating bag but your post reminded me that I really need to secure it to a rope or something. I keep my keys around a lanyard on my neck and my GF also has a spare set of keys on her too.

My husbands worst day.... He bent down and he lost his Ipod out of one pocket and his cell phone out of the other! They were expensive and his face changed dimensions! LOL. They had all his carefully chosen download boat tunes and he had steam coming out of his ears! Keys...how many times guys? For him it has been three times and me, the wife has duplicates of every one. I have tried to get him to keep them on floaters..he finally puts the boat ignition key on one.. Yes, he lost one ignition key only to turn looking at me in panic. to find, I had my duplicate key on me... Oh the things that have fallen in the water.... What have I lost??? UMmmmm nothing! Shhhhh