Got a spare boat while I restore mine because I'm insane

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amateurhour

Reaction score
So I realized I still had a bout a grand to put into my 14 Richline and I want to be on the water no later than the end of the month, which isn't gonna happen. What I do have is a nice 3hp outboard and a 30# trolling motor and all my fishing gear, so I figured I could just pick up a nice canoe to take out while I work on the boat.

I scored this on craigslist (traded my old '97 Murray riding mower which I was going to list for $250)

It's an old Gheenoe and it's in good shape for its age.

gheenoe_front.jpg

gheenoe_logo.jpg

gheenoe_top.jpg

gheenoe_toys.jpg

It's not pretty, but it floats and doesn't have any leaks so my fishing season has officially started, and by August I should have the big boy on the water.

One more and I'll have a fleet : )

Captain Ahab said:
My Man! That is hardcore

Indeed,

I'll just finish putting money into my tinny and then I'll start the resto on the gheenoe and get a jet ski trailer for it. Thankfully we've got a 3 car carport outside because the wife's rule is "you can have a boat(s) as long as it fits in the garage..."

hmmm... I wonder if I can mount a kayak rack to the ceiling or on the wall.... : )

It never gets any easier! At first I had a two seat kayak we fished off in fresh and salt water. We then got a racing sailing dinghy. Sold the sailboat and bought an ugly glass boat which I fixed up. Then I found a smoking deal on a tin and ended up with three fishing platforms. I then sold that glass boat and bought a little bigger one in better shape but kept using the tin. Then sold the kayak and settled on keeping the glass and tin. Two footitis hit me so sold the glass boat and bought a larger one. It never ends........

sure use mine as i was supposed to fish this weekend however mother nature has decided that it we are going to have hurricane force rains all week and the river is already flooded.

Yeah I think I'm mainly going to use the gheenoe on the river and keep the tin on the lake for both ease of use and safety reasons.

There's some crazy mods going on in the gheenoe world. They've got a forum community about as big as this one and there's a lot of people running 10-15 horse engines on those 13' models and 25 horse engines on the 15 and up models with center console steering.

It's like having a fishing canoe and a jet ski !

Still though, the tin won't sit all summer while I fish, it's getting restored by August.

Latest posts