Intro and ........

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
After spending a rather long time lurking in the shadows I decieded to spend the few moments to register and introduce myself.

I am a 52 year old Retiree (Disabled Vet) that grew up in PA and have been fishing since I was 4. My travels in life found me in south central MN 17 years ago and we never left. I love to fish for Walleye, Northerns and Channels, but have no problems catching, and releasing, anything that swims and has fins. I have owned several boats in my life, all of them Aluminum. I am currently fishing out of a 2010 Lowe 1457 that I have set up pretty well for a small boat.

lowe1.jpg

lowe2.jpg

lowe3.jpg

lowe5.jpg

lowe8.jpg

This boat has helped me catch allot of fish. The 9.9 Merc gets up on plane and scoots the little Lowe at over 20 MPH with just me in it! But, it has been a bit hard for me to move around in it. So this past week I decided to upgrade a bit. I found a new left over 2010 Lowe 1457 that I will be putting a 1996 15 hp Merc on.

nb1_zps0a1eea7a.jpg

nb2_zpsb203db10.jpg

nb4_zpse87057b0.jpg

nb2_zps1946eb88.jpg

nb3_zps9a5d40e1.jpg

Boat will get 2 swivel seats fore and aft. Minn Kota PD45 up front. Nav lights, bilge pump and in the not too distant future a casting deck up front with a seat base. I plan on someday installing a larger live well, but that will not happen until well after the front deck gets built and installed.

Welcome to the board.

I'll bet the one thing you'll like most about the new boat is the flat floor.

JMichael said:
Nice looking upgrade. Although I've seen DIY versions, that's the first factory split bench seat I've seen in an aluminum boat.

There are several makers doing that now Mike. G3, MirroCraft, Lund and Lowe come to mind right away.

Jim said:
:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :USA1:

Nice looking boats! I am looking forward to your fishing reports next!

Jim

Thanks Jim!

Start to the fishing season in MN has started a bit on the slow side. Late winter. Surface temp yesterday was 52*, and I am in the far south part of MN. Folks up north still have ice on the lakes. Saturday we had 30mph winds all day. Yesterday was cool and not as breezy. Today is wonderful, but I have too much to do so I won't get out. Hope to in the morning, will see.

Welcome aboard, keystone and thanks for your service.
That s a nice fishing rig you got there.
I'm just south of the cities. Winter was very long, and Spring is still kinda unstable. All the good days
so far I've been stuck at work. Hoping to get out soon.
Have fun!

Thanks for the welcome jasper60103.

Yeah, fishing here has been spotty. That freak snow storm we got 12 days ago, then the cold, and now it'***** 100*f today with high winds!

Hitting Albert Lea lake tomorrow and Thurs in the old boat. After that I turn it in and they start moving my stuff into the new boat. So this late start is really working to my advantage!

Latest posts