Good grief

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRichardson

Reaction score
After enjoying my little tin skiff for about a year, I got to experience the following all last week:

Stolen license tag (and the PITA associated with filing police report in different county after making 20 phone calls to establish who's jurisdiction it was in, then picking up replacement from DMV)
Broken tiller extension (not while driving the boat, fortunately)
Starter cord broke 4 times (found the reason, also got real quick at fixing this)
Fuel bulb crapped out
Significant leak at drain plug

I knew things were going too swimmingly for too long.
I can only imagine the expense and headaches that come from a big boat.

Everything is good now though. Just had to get that off my chest.
I just need to go fishing.

Had a patience tester myself yesterday. Installed a GPS on my boat that I had laying around and every time I inserted the plug into the cigarette socket I blew a fuse. At first I thought the GPS was defective, then I thought the gps plug was bad or the gps plug fuse was blown. In any case, 4 fuses later I finally figured out that the cigarette outlet power tip was grounding against the housing (ground) when I pushed the plug in firmly.
Tim

earl60446 said:
Had a patience tester myself yesterday. Installed a GPS on my boat that I had laying around and every time I inserted the plug into the cigarette socket I blew a fuse. At first I thought the GPS was defective, then I thought the gps plug was bad or the gps plug fuse was blown. In any case, 4 fuses later I finally figured out that the cigarette outlet power tip was grounding against the housing (ground) when I pushed the plug in firmly.
Tim

I had a time with my car once, every time I tried to plug in my phone charger, a spark would come out of the plug. The plug was in the ashtray, I don't smoke and use the tray for change, a dime had made its way into the plug hole.

earl60446 said:
I finally figured out that the cigarette outlet power tip was grounding against the housing (ground) when I pushed the plug in firmly.
Tim

I really don't trust cigarette lighters to begin with so on my tin, I installed a regular 110vac outlet under the bow deck and installed a male 110vac plug on my fish finder.

Latest posts