Problem uploading pictures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTerp

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Been tryinig to update my build thread today, and all of a sudden I'm having problems uploading pictures from Photobucket. I keep getting the "pictures cannot exceed a width of 800 pixels". I resized all of the pictures I'm trying to add to my thread, but still get the same message. I tried pasting the image code directly from Photobucket with no luck, and also tried using /img] with the direct link pasted in between. Still no luck. Any ideas??

Just deleted the pictures from Photobucket, re-uploaded them to Photobucket, re-sized them to 600x340 and am still getting the 800 pixel width error message. Maybe it's a problem with Photobucket??

Here is one that I deleted, re-uploaded to Photobucket and resized. The current size is 600 x 357 pixels. But still getting the 800 pixel limit message.

https://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq356/peck1524/IMAG0756_zps84ab32e1.jpg

There are 2 or 3 other photos ahead of this one in my library, if your able to see them, that I have re-uploaded but did not resize them.

Thanks Jim!!

Interesting. When I click on the link to my photo it pops up in a seperate browser. When I check the properties is shows it as being 936 x 560 pixels. When I check the same picture in Photobucket it is 600 x 357 pixels. Weird!! Looks like something goofy is going on with Photobucket.

There are free resizing tools on the web.
Make a separate folder and copy the pictures you want resized,to there.
Take it from that folder to the computer.
You still have the original picture,if you do it that way.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317217#p317217 said:
Jim » Yesterday, 6:21 pm[/url]"]Under your profile on photobucket, go to albums then upload options. What is checked off? Is it 800x600?

I figured this out last night. I set it to 800 x 600. Now when I upload photos from my phone to Photobucket it automatically reesizes to no larger than 800 x 600. Thanks!!!

IMAG0756_zps1b5aaecf.jpg

Funny! I was looking at the same issue... I couldnt figure out why my PB images kept displaying in 1024 x 786 no matter what size. Thanks for the post guys!