The "Heart" of Zep!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
IMHO...as a musician....

There has never been a song that has been overplayed, butchered, and jammed to more than this.

BUT...there has never been a better performance of this song than this! I feel it from deep within and it brings tears to my eyes.

THIS MUCH POWER AND EMOTION is hard to find in music these days. LONG LIVE the days of "good" music!

[youtube]8e2fJfiddx4#![/youtube]

As well as watching and listening to that one over and over again, I also watch this version. The making of this cover is a story in itself.

[youtube]vt12IjkS_OM&list=PL957DA575094D1C3B&index=82[/youtube]

I’ve always loved that song,

There is something deeply mystical and magical about it and it has captured the passion of countless thousands if not millions with something that’s difficult to express or explain. I have such mixed emotion about it. On one hand it is beautiful in its simplicity yet the words seem to be conflicting to the totality of the song.

On one hand it feels as if there’s something peaceful and reassuring however the lyrics speak of uncertainty and our inability to know truth and that’s in direct conflict with my faith. I love the song for what it is and we do well to remember the consciences is, Page and Plant were heavily influenced by recreational drugs. Just saying, great song. Love it.

Latest posts