HUGE STORM!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompatt

Reaction score
F2 tornadoe hit midd. ga early on mother's day at 5:30 am. i dont know how but me and my family slept through the whole thing. major damage. me and my dad think it was 3 tornadoes. it looked like it. my dad had his police radio on and was listening. when he told me my skool had been hit......i was like......I PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!! NO SKOOL!. tore the roof of the skool and tossed trailers into each other. tons of power lines were down near my skool. gas stations had their pumps pulled out of the ground. tons of trees down..Macon State College is closed until further notice. we lost power at 7 am and got it bak at about 9 pm. the whole day was about 85 degrees and sunny. not a cloud in the sky. so we swam in the pool. then we found our pool toys and furniture in the pool... nothin like pool fishin! :D my buddy i think still dosent have power. so im gonna go check on him today. ill post some pics of the damage if i can.

Sorry to hear about all the destruction your way. We had some pretty serious storms here in East TN Friday night with wind, rain and hail but nothing like what you described. Glad you and your family are ok.

God Bless,
G3

Jim said:
Quackrstackr said:
Exactly what kind of skool is this? :shock:

:LOL2: the kool skool of course!

School=Skool(the cooler way. lol jk the lazier way) to lazy to put ch so i put k. :D :D
HIGH SKOOL! lol Westside. the funny thing is. thats the only skool that got hit. :D :D :D

about my skool....

UPDATE: Westside students may be relocated
By Julie Hubbard - [email protected]
Bibb County school officials will meet at 3 p.m. today to determine whether to resume school on Tuesday and where to relocate some, Diana Rodgers, Bibb's deputy superintendent for teaching and learning said today.

An early Sunday tornado ripped part of the gym roof off at Westside High School, as well as left about 2 inches of standing water inside the building. The storm also hurled classroom trailers around the school campus, school officials said early today.

"It looks like a war zone," said Westside Principal Laura Perkins. "It takes a toll when you look around at something you love and it's destroyed, but it's just a building.

"

"We were lucky," she added. If the storm would have waited a day there could have been deaths because students are dropped off anywhere from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m., she added.

Southwest High School and Rice Elementary also were damaged in the tornado, and other schools may have slight damage, Rodgers said.

"We're making plans for school to go on, maybe in an alternative location," Perkins said.

End of Course Tests were scheduled for high school students today, and are being rescheduled.

Athletic physicals slated for today and a meeting for parents involved in the Early College initiative at Macon State is canceled, Rodgers said.

The superintendent "is determined to open schools as earliest as possible," Rodgers said.

heres a vid. of some of the worst damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLSFDSHrqwo

WOW glad to see that everyone is okay.
We were hit here in Pa with some wind and a lot of rain. I spent the last two days putting power lines back up
Monday wasn't fun being on a ladder in the wind and rain. yesterday was much better.

Wayne

redbug said:
WOW glad to see that everyone is okay.
We were hit here in Pa with some wind and a lot of rain. I spent the last two days putting power lines back up
Monday wasn't fun being on a ladder in the wind and rain. yesterday was much better.

Wayne

yea some ppl r still without power here since sun morning at 7 am. i have to go to another skool thrus and sat. to make up End of Course tests then im out.

heres another vid. its from the same place. but on the other side of the street. that used to be like a forest. u couldnt even all the way through. thats near Macon State College. it is closed until further notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBr0h4Nyr2Q
Someone made this. gives u the idea of the damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BryEVim_EfM

They closed the only lake in Midd. Ga. :( :( :( :( :( :( .

Latest posts