Who's Fishing over the 4th?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillhunter

Staff member
Reaction score
We are going to meet with our 2 daughters and son-in-laws and our 3 grand-kids and spend a few days fishing on Lake Murray, South Carolina.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=320774#p320774 said:
fool4fish1226 » Yesterday, 12:51[/url]"]The son and I are gonna take a night trip wednesday night to thursday morning. :beer:
I guess you and I are the only one's fishing :LOL2: :LOL2:. Good luck and have a great 4th :beer: :beer:

I'm not sure I have a choice with the weather the way it is and scheduled to be.

As a rule I avoid the 3 time per year crowds but I really want to get the boat out so I may endure that this time.

I will be camping and fishing the next 4 days at a nearby state park. Weather looks like it may be an issue however :cry:

I went today for a few hours and am going first thing in the morning with the father in-law for a few hours hopefully before the crowds get in.

hey guys new to the forums, just got an old tinny, a 1961 arkansas traveler 14' dart with a merc 35 strapped on back, iv always had fiberglass boats wanted to try an aluminum hull someday. me and my son are goint to catch some fish on the 4th :D ill post pics of my tinny tomarrow

River is flooded from all this rain in South Carolina!!

had a peaceful morning fishing with my son, he caught 3 bass, i caught seaweed. we live like 5 mins from the canal, everyone is polite and carefull of their wake.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=320756#p320756 said:
gillhunter » 01 Jul 2013, 10:57[/url]"]We are going to meet with our 2 daughters and son-in-laws and our 3 grand-kids and spend a few days fishing on Lake Murray, South Carolina.
Got out on the morning of the 4th for a few hours. Lake was a zoo in the afternoon. Got back out this morning. Very quite.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!!!

Got out on the lake of about 1000 acres that I was camping at on the 4th, 5th, and 6th. I was in my little 8ft Basshunter along with my dog and surrounded each day by ski boats, jet skis, and pontoon boats. A little rough for my little boat but I survived. Fishing was a little slower than usual as I have been catching upwards of 400 big bream a day the past few weeks. Only managed about 70 a day this week and most were very small. We managed to dodge the weather and actually had one of the nicest 4th's I have ever experienced in my 52 years. Temps stayed in the mid 80's (versus 100 normal) with a nice 5-10 mph breeze. I was surrounded by storms each day but they manage to miss our campground entirely except for a brief 30 minute shower late on the 4th.

Latest posts