Plantar Fasciitis

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcritch

Reaction score
I finally made it to the Orthopedic Doctor today for my feet and he confirmed "Plantar Fasciitis" I also have calcium buildup on my right heal and several bone spurs in different joints in both my feet. Also a cyst on the back of my right heal.

Recommendation - Some sort of brace that I have to wear at night and some stretching exercises to be done a few times each day. No walking or running until the pain is gone but I can ride a bike for exercise.

Follow-up appointment in 6 weeks.

Maybe I can join the July Nike Challenge :roll:

I knew it man from the symptoms.

Been there done that. I will post up a link to the one stretch I know that does work. I had physical therapy for 3 months beacause of it. BOTH HEELS. #-o

I feel your pain.

Ouch! My wife had lapcroscopic surgery on her left foot for the same thing. Her foot is much better but still bothers her occasionally. I believe I have the same problem (not as bad as yours), and bought some orthotic inserts for Plantars to put in my shoes. They've helped quite a bit.

I had the same problem and had a set of inserts made. my pain was gone with in a few days the stretching helps also.

redbug said:
I had the same problem and had a set of inserts made. my pain was gone with in a few days the stretching helps also.

redbug, where did you get inserts made? I've using soem from the local Rite Aid and they are not helping.

Jim said:

Been there done that. I will post up a link to the one stretch I know that does work. I had physical therapy for 3 months beacause of it. BOTH HEELS. #-o

I feel your pain.

Jim, where you able to find the link? Thanks!

bcritch said:
Jim said:

I feel your pain.

Jim, where you able to find the link? Thanks!

My bad!

It is the second stretch! The first one works too but I use my hand instead of the band. Reach and pull back your toes as far as they go and feel the stretch under your foot from the heel to the toes.

The frozen can works too, But I used a golf ball to really massage the spot on the heels.

https://www.plantarfasciitisbraces.com/plantar_fasciitis_stretching_exercises.html

I went to the podiatrists. he said that what they normally do is give you a shot of cortisone, that lasts for several months.
I asked him what is the long term fix? he said hat the orthotics are the way to go. they made a mold of my feet and a week later and $300 I had my fix. they are expensive but i would have paid double the amount the way they have helped my pain.
The only down side is i can't wear sandals anymore I fished in them for years and now it is tennis shoes but i can stand all day

Wayne

I finally got back on the treadmill today after a 7 month layoff. I only walked a 1/2 mile in 10 minutes to get my body parts moving again. I've been pain free for the last month so hopefully my foot is fully healed. I'm going to try once again to get back into shape......

Capt. Why dont you come over and rub his feet for him? I tried, but he wont let me near them for some reason :wink:

Get well my Plantar Fasciitis infected friend :mrgreen:

Wife had same problem-- Sorry to say it got worse. MRI of bone spur looked like fish hook about a 5/0 ouch!!!! Eventually removed through surgery. Not so pleasant for about 4 weeks after. She told me to get lost and leave her be so I got plenty of fishing time in.

Captain Ahab said:
Less Boat fishing More Wading

Dr. Ahab has spoken!

Hope you heal up nice and quick BC

Standing up on the boat for a few hours at a time has been very painful... :wink:

shamoo said:
Capt. Why dont you come over and rub his feet for him? I tried, but he wont let me near them for some reason :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Get well my Plantar Fasciitis infected friend :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks Mr. Shamoo :lol: :lol:

Latest posts