I hate it when.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBH

Reaction score
You are trying to pull the boat up to the landing to get the truck to leave.. and have to wait 10 freaking minutes while someone reel their lines in.. then after I back the trailer in and go get back in the boat to drive it on the trailer, I have to wait for the same guy to reel it in again..

I wish they made a law against fishing from the boat ramp.

There's a lake nearby that has the sign posted for no fishing on boat ramp but just after they stock the lake (at the ramp) the poles and lines are all over the place on the ramp. The sheriff's station is a few yards at the top of the ramp. :twisted: :shock: :roll: #-o :evil: :cry:
I even saw a boat tied up at the dock on the ramp and two guys were fishing off of the boat tying up the space.

We all have our hates in life but there are some inconsiderate people out there that tend to get you going
I hate when I spit out the window and the window is closed :lol:

You ain't kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have that same problem!!! They'll have a truck backed down the ramp....coolers out....lanterns....multiple rods...chairs...and you have to sit there and wait for them. Pisses me off when I'm launching...REALLY pisses me off after a night of fishing and a long ride back to the ramp and I have to wait on them again.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324554#p324554 said:
RiverBottomOutdoors » 48 minutes ago[/url]"]You ain't kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have that same problem!!! They'll have a truck backed down the ramp....coolers out....lanterns....multiple rods...chairs...and you have to sit there and wait for them. Pisses me off when I'm launching...REALLY pisses me off after a night of fishing and a long ride back to the ramp and I have to wait on them again.

i will have to agree with you im new to va 4 years now. and it seems people just are not considerate of others around here. in ohio where im from people will offer to pull your boat onto the trailer for you so you can just stay in the truck. help you get loaded and on your way. just a different part of the states i guess.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324537#p324537 said:
AZwadder » 02 Aug 2013, 00:30[/url]"]Sounds like line trimmin time! :mrgreen:

I was gonna say, why are you waiting 10 minutes? I wouldn't wait a red second, it takes 15 seconds to reel in 20 or 30 yards of fishing line. If they don't react to me approaching the ramp, they will be tying new hooks on. It's easy to fight real ignorance with false ignorance... "Oh, I didn't see any lines there! My bad son! Have a good day!" And if they get fluffed up about it, easy, just respond, "Well how about the fact that I have to pull my prop off now and clean your lines out?"

Reeling lines in is minor, it's all the time to drag the chairs, ice chests, and toys off the ramp, get the swimming kids out of the water, and then move the car which is parked in the middle of the ramp. I understand it's the easiest place around to find public access to the water, and it's concrete so no walking through weeds or getting your feet muddy. But I've endured my share of dirty looks from folks who think boat ramps are public beaches. All part of it I guess, Life's too short to let it bother you.

Same problem here. Or the grill. I had to wait for the grill to be moved one time. And my other favorite is the people who back down the ramp and then proceed to in do tie downs, bingees, get the gear out of the truck, fill the cooler one drink at a time......

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324575#p324575 said:
lovedr79 » Today, 12:58[/url]"]Same problem here. Or the grill. I had to wait for the grill to be moved one time. And my other favorite is the people who back down the ramp and then proceed to in do tie downs, bingees, get the gear out of the truck, fill the cooler one drink at a time......

this is the one that really gets me because you clearly could go to the spots that 99%of ramps have that common sense will tell you people use for prepping your boats.

Man, anyone tried to do that at a county launch on a weekend up here would be very upset (and have some very wet equipment). Mornings are launch time for the tournaments, and nothing no-how is going to stop a line of tournament boys getting their rigs in the water before 7:00am. It's like clockwork, and if you're not on an outside ramp you'd better be ready to go swimming because they'll launch your boat for you.. :shock:

I thought I was reasonably quick at the launch, these guys have the motors running the moment they hit the water, boat's off the trailer before the tires have a chance to get wet, and as soon as that trailer is clear the next one's on it's way in. No foolin' around on tournament day.

Amen, ramp rats are a PITA.

The first time I see someone I usually politely let them know that DNR will cite them for being on the ramp. I have been known to leave pretty hard in the no wake zone, even done some fine tuning of the engine to help scare the fishes off. Can't be too much of a jerk as my vehicle will suffer. Having the DNR crime hotline on your phone is handy if they set back up once you are out of the way.

I did have some college girls taking their time getting in their kayaks last night. Not in such a big hurry that time.

Latest posts