Restoring old deck?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
Any body used any of the deck restore products? I need something thats thick (wood is cracked, bare, and old but not rotten) and has some texture. The deck has a small ramp that is so easy to bust your butt on in the rain its ridiculous. Looking for any first hand reviews please.

The deck is only 15x10.

My biggest delima is going with a restore product or just replacing the deck boards and starting fresh

I have the tools and ability to do either. Have built several decks but never fooled with trying to bring one back to life.

Any input is much appreciated. Lots of mixed reviews on the net.

Thanks fellers

I just replaced my front porch/deck.
I already had the frame for the new one built before I started tearing into the old one.
I should of just replaced the deck boards,stringers/joists were still in good shape.
Other than sanding the deck down once in 20years ,I wouldn't know anything about refinishing decks.
Replace when rotting up here...

Rustoleum (sp) has a product that goes on with a roller and kind of looks like bed liner for a truck. Only saw the comercial twice so my info is very limited. On T.V. it looked pretty good.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts