Amazon Prime

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it, and I save a lot at Xmas time shipping stuff free to my kids and grand daughter, easily paid for itself. Plus you get unlimited movies on your computer or TV if its connected to a PC. I say Yes.

Ditto. It pays for itself just at the Christmas season. Plus, with Prime you get one free Kindle download per month, plus loads of other free books. I've had my Kindle for over two years and have yet to pay for a book.

Tried it and liked it. Six months into the membership, I figure my monthly cost for the included movies is down to about $2.00 per month. I should mention I am not a major shopper but every time you get the free shipping you save $5-6.

My lady has it and it saves us both a bunch of $$$$ all year long. She does all her shopping online. Groceries, clothes, furniture, the whole thing !!! Between some of Amazon's prices and special deals, the free movies on Amazon for your computer, phone, tablet & TV, free shipping on EVERYTHING.... I don't see how you can go wrong. It's better than the Costco/American Express Membership deal !!!! 8) 8) 8)

Respectfully, no. I use the local marine dealer, the neighborhood hardware and the owner/operator sporting goods dealer whenever possible. I want to do what I can to ensure they are there when I need expert advice or a part when time is short. Plus, they are the same folks that volunteer at Rotary, serve at church and help those in need. I'm not saying I never go into a big box or that I don't have on-line accounts. But that is never my first choice. And it is just that, my choice...nothing political intended.

rickybobbybend said:
Respectfully, no. I use the local marine dealer, the neighborhood hardware and the owner/operator sporting goods dealer whenever possible. I want to do what I can to ensure they are there when I need expert advice or a part when time is short. Plus, they are the same folks that volunteer at Rotary, serve at church and help those in need. I'm not saying I never go into a big box or that I don't have on-line accounts. But that is never my first choice. And it is just that, my choice...nothing political intended.

X2.

I have it and like it. You get the Amazon Streaming as part of your prime membership, their catalog is no where near Netflix, but the yearly fee isn't bad if you can cut Netflix out. The biggest thing for me is Prime shipping. Amazon has FSSS (Free Super Save Shipping 5-8 business days) on qualifying items and purchases over $25. Prime shipping is 2 days and does not have a min purchase, again items need to qualify. I agree with Rickybobbybend about supporting local businesses and try to when I can but sadly Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Kohls and others have already taken over.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=326684#p326684 said:
rickybobbybend » 20 Aug 2013, 00:56[/url]"]Respectfully, no. I use the local marine dealer, the neighborhood hardware and the owner/operator sporting goods dealer whenever possible. I want to do what I can to ensure they are there when I need expert advice or a part when time is short. Plus, they are the same folks that volunteer at Rotary, serve at church and help those in need. I'm not saying I never go into a big box or that I don't have on-line accounts. But that is never my first choice. And it is just that, my choice...nothing political intended.

I completely agree if you live some place where there are local merchants. Here in this area we have one real hardware store left and I buy all I can there. We don't have a local marine dealer.

If my choices ate the BORG or Amazon I will choose the easier path. At least I can check inventory levels on Amazon and not drive 15 miles to find it out of stock.

BTW, I loved the small town feel of Anchorage when I was there in 2010.

I found out recently that a family member can share prime with 3 or 4 people, so me and my sister who lives at another address share the account and its great. I like to try to help the little guy too and I buy local when I can but the price difference is pretty extreme sometimes so I order a pretty good bit of stuff online.

I do find on a lot of stuff prime pricing makes up for shipping. I buy a lot of stuff on amazon I cant find locally. And with my time constraints I like the 2 day shipping.

Yes - I got it because I'm lazy... I did the 30 day trial when I purchased some large items to save on shipping. Because I didn't cancel the prime after 30 days I became member. Agree with everyone else as I benefitted during Xmas and I streAmed a few movies. It's paid for its self.

Latest posts