I need your help! got tin?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
STOP - PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST!

Guys,
I want to update the site and homepage because it is time to take the site to the next level. The homepage is going to be a completely different software suite that will be easier on the eyes, more "search engine friendly" and easier to update. Updating the homepage now is a huge pain in the rear, that is why it gets updated very little. :lol: The forum on the other hand has been pretty good to us so I am thinking of keeping it the same kind of software, I am just going to change it cosmetically to match the homepage.

In the beginning when I created the site I did not know my head from my rear and I winged it as best I could to get it up and running. Now that I have a little better understanding of how things "work" I just want to kick it up a notch.

This is where you the faithful members and anonymous readers come in :D

This is going to cost some serious money to do which I just don't have lying around. I wish I did, but I don't. I have decided to make a T-shirt to sell to help cover the costs of updating the site. Every Penny made from the sale of the shirts will go to the project, Just like every dollar made goes back into the site for maintenance,hosting and general miscellaneous upkeep. Trust me when I tell you I am not living the high roller life style from TinBoats. Wish I was, but I'm not. :LOL2:

The T-shirt will be a simple design T-shirt that sums up the site pretty nice. The shirts will be all black with white lettering on the front across the chest area.
gottin.PNG
The shirts will be a quality 6 ounce pre shrunk cotton T-shirt.

I would like people to pre-order (and pay) for shirts for a couple of reasons.
1, I need help with the money obviously. :lol:
2, I will order exactly the size you need which will reduce the amount I have to buy after and sit on (not knowing what sizes people want).

Pricing for the shirts:
small-XL will be $16 shipped
2XL - 3XL will be $18 shipped

Special Deal with shirt: Designs can be seen here: https://www.tinboats.net/shop
Decal $4
36 Inch Ruler $5
No additional charge for shipping.

Shipping: Shirts will ship the very first weekend the order comes in. I will need time to pack, separate and get things sorted out. Shipping will be in a T-shirt envelope sent out as cheap as possible. If you want insurance and tracking, that is on you. Add a couple of bucks to your total and put it in the comment field or send me an email or PM.

Payment: Paypal Gift would be awesome to: [email protected]. Please put mailing address, Tinboats user name, and any other notes in the comment field.

If Paypal does not work PM me and we can figure out cash/check/money order if you prefer.

I would like to place the order as as soon as possible. If you are considering buying a shirt or two or three, please have your order and payment into me by September 15, 2013. I will assume orders will go out by Oct 1, but don't hold me to it.

Guys this is a fundraiser to update the site. With the holidays around the corner wouldn't your loved ones want to sport a got tin shirt too? :LOL2:

If you have any questions please ask here or send me a PM. PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD RELATED TO THE TOPIC or I will delete it.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
UPDATE 09/12/2013

Ok here is the deal. You can now have a choice of a black shirt or a medium grey shirt. Both options will be white lettering only. You also have a choice if you want the print on the front or the back. These are the only options. If you have already ordered and want to change what you got, send me a PM.

image002.jpg

If not, same rules apply. I would like to extend this one more week and one week only. The order will go in Friday the 20th no matter what. This is the only opportunity to get your choice of what you want in a shirt.

Thanks Guys!

Any questions, ask here or send me a PM.

Jim

Please please please, can we get the print on the back? I have a console in front of me so print on the back as I go by would work better (people are always staring).

I also think black or white writing on a grey shirt would better represent 'Tinboats'. Black cloth in the summer time is going to be pretty miserable and it's going to show bugs splat marks a lot more than grey would.

Heck, I'd even go for tan cloth (it'd match my hull)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328203#p328203 said:
Ranchero50 » 02 Sep 2013 07:38 pm[/url]"]Please please please, can we get the print on the back? I have a console in front of me so print on the back as I go by would work better (people are always staring).

I also think black or white writing on a grey shirt would better represent 'Tinboats'. Black cloth in the summer time is going to be pretty miserable and it's going to show bugs splat marks a lot more than grey would.

Heck, I'd even go for tan cloth (it'd match my hull)

Let me ask about printing on the back and the grey shirt.....no promises though.

Thanks for this site.
Glad to help.
+ 1 for black or white on gray but no big deal.
Best wishes.
Rob

Money sent. Thank you for the great sight.

Travis

$$$ sent for a t-shirt and decal!
The name did throw me off for a second there. I was like, "Did his account get hacked?" :shock: lol

I do agree with Ranchero50 that if they can do the logo on the back, that would be awesome!
But I'm fine with black because I'm a fat guy and black is a slimming color. :LOL2:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328465#p328465 said:
Butthead » 05 Sep 2013 10:35 am[/url]"]$$$ sent for a t-shirt and decal!
The name did throw me off for a second there. I was like, "Did his account get hacked?" :shock: lol

I do agree with Ranchero50 that if they can do the logo on the back, that would be awesome!
But I'm fine with black because I'm a fat guy and black is a slimming color. :LOL2:

:LOL2:

I asked about the option and a 2nd color option. I am waiting to hear back. I am hoping for some flexibility.

Jim

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328465#p328465 said:
Butthead » Today, 10:35[/url]"]$$$ sent for a t-shirt and decal!

It cracked me up to the first time I ever seen it. :) Payment Sent

Jim?

I don't need a shirt, but I can send a couple of bucks if you need it.

TinBoats is a regular read for me. Kind of like stopping for a cup of coffee at
a friendly diner. I learn more than I contribute, and don't need much of the stuff
talked about, but enjoy seeing the projects and hearing the generousity of the knowledgeable guys as they mentor others.

As the internet evolves, fewer places like that; rancor and induced controversy seem to creep in. Dunno why.

Lemme know.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328555#p328555 said:
Kismet » 06 Sep 2013 10:09 am[/url]"]Jim?

I don't need a shirt, but I can send a couple of bucks if you need it.

TinBoats is a regular read for me. Kind of like stopping for a cup of coffee at
a friendly diner. I learn more than I contribute, and don't need much of the stuff
talked about, but enjoy seeing the projects and hearing the generousity of the knowledgeable guys as they mentor others.

As the internet evolves, fewer places like that; rancor and induced controversy seem to creep in. Dunno why.

Lemme know.

Thanks man that would be great! :beer:

If you don't want a shirt you can donate here: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/donate/index.php?mode=start

I just want to state again that I do NOT keep any of the extra money for myself. The money stays in the fund and helps pay for the site (monthly maintenance, hosting, backup, etc.....) and all the back end bologna that happens. At the purest minimum the site costs me $85 per month to run without any extras....no complaints though, I love what we have built and will continue as long as we can. :D

This is just a gentle reminder and Thank you!

Thank you to those that have pre-ordered a shirt. :beer:

Secondly if you are thinking of buying a shirt, I beg you to get your order and size in by the end of day Friday the 13th so I can go ahead and place the order. I need/want to order 100 to keep the costs down per shirt delivered.

Thanks guys,
Jim

Ok, done.

btw, that may have been the fastest PayPal transaction I've ever encountered. You got influence with those people?

:mrgreen:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328800#p328800 said:
Kismet » 09 Sep 2013 12:04 pm[/url]"]Ok, done.

btw, that may have been the fastest PayPal transaction I've ever encountered. You got influence with those people?

:mrgreen:

:LOL2:

No way, I dislike them to be honest :lol:

That is the work of the guy I pay to maintain the back end of the website (database, mail, software...etc).

Boss, I just put funds in my account. It says 3-5 days. Put me down for (2) XXL.

How much more do you think I should add for shipping to Canada?
Do you think it would be to crazy?
If not to much more,let me know...could use a shirt,ruler and decal...

I'll get the money in by Friday, but add one more shirt to the list for me.

+1 on the grey....I live not too far from Jerry in Florida, but white shirts are for people who don't sweat and have table manners :)

Latest posts