1990 Sea Nymph FM 161

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattfishinmanvan

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a new member to tinboats.net and am looking to start my first project! I was hoping to get some advice on a boat I was planning on buying today. It's a 1990 Sea Nymph FM161 for $900. Trailer is in great shape and has new vinyl floors as of this spring. No motors and the side console is no longer with the boat. I'll attach some pictures...please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,216
  • imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,216
  • imagejpeg_4.jpg
    imagejpeg_4.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,216
Find or at least price the motor you plan on running before buying. Oars get old quick and with the season winding down I'd expect for a little more you could get a complete running boat. Stripped + cheap can get expensive quick. Modifications usually only hold 1/3 - 1/2 their new cost's value.

Ranchero50 said:
Find or at least price the motor you plan on running before buying. Oars get old quick and with the season winding down I'd expect for a little more you could get a complete running boat. Stripped + cheap can get expensive quick. Modifications usually only hold 1/3 - 1/2 their new cost's value.

I live in central NJ and 99% of the lakes I fish are electric only. I currently have a 55lb and 35lb trolling Minn Kota that I can use until I buy a bow mounted trolling motor. I'm not in a huge rush for a gas motor since I woluld hardly ever have the ability to use them around me (which sucks). Closest place I can launch and use gas is the Delaware river (10 mins) or lake hopatcong (hourish).

** I forgot to mention that I also have a 9.9HP Merc that I can use as well! **

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328891#p328891 said:
MiPikeGuy » 10 Sep 2013, 11:34[/url]"]welcome!

looks like a solid boat for the price!

Thanks for the welcome, PikeGuy. I'm really excited to get started but nervous to make the actual purchase!

I'm not sure if anyone is following or reading but I figured I'd give an update and explain my thought process. So yesterday on my way home from work I called the guy about the boat. I said I felt more comfortable in the $700 range for the boat. He said that he had a guy from Craigslist coming to check the boat out this weekend offering $800 and he would let me know if he doesn't buy it. So either he is bluffing and wanting me to offer $800 (which I am seriously considering...haha) or he legitimately has someone coming to look at it that will probably buy it.

I am trying to figure out if I should just bite the bullet and offer $800-$825 or wait it out and see how it goes this weekend. I've been looking for 16' boats that I can mod for a few months on Craigslist and this is the nicest one I've seen with the most potential and at a good price. I do have a 9.9 gas powered Merc that I can use if I need to but most lakes around me are electric only.

Any input at all or advice would be greatly appreciated! :shock:

If you want the boat, jump on it. There is always a better deal somewhere out there, but it sure doesn't seem like you'd be getting ripped off.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=329016#p329016 said:
Ictalurus » 11 Sep 2013, 10:58[/url]"]If you want the boat, jump on it. There is always a better deal somewhere out there, but it sure doesn't seem like you'd be getting ripped off.

That's a good point Ictalurus. I honestly do like it a lot. I'll keep everyone updated. I really appreciate the input!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=329016#p329016 said:
Ictalurus » 11 Sep 2013, 10:58[/url]"]If you want the boat, jump on it. There is always a better deal somewhere out there, but it sure doesn't seem like you'd be getting ripped off.

I agree, even with no motors/that condition that boat would sell for $1000+ in my neck of the woods

Good mornin'!

I bought the boat this morning for $825 and will be picking it up today after work or tomorrow morning!! I'm super excited to get started and will probably take it out for a test Sunday hopefully. I'll post some more pictures and will start modding as soon as I can.

Buying a boat on Friday the 13th...what is wrong with me.

Thanks everyone.

Matt

Latest posts