How to price a 9 year old boat , with only 20 hours on it???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringstalker

Reaction score
I found it in a barn. Old fella wants "what its worth", didnt have a number.

2005 SeaArk 1872. Real nice version. Side console.
Red factory paint. some chrome hand rails .
Whit eevynal seats mounted on bench, flip foward for storage.
75 Evenrude
Bimini (but kinda low)
two factory depth finders
two fishing chairs and the skinny posts.
Trolling motor
Galv EZ Loader
bent prop, needs batteries
Mice
18-20 hours he says, didnt find meter

If the wiring isnt chewed, and he says he "fogged the motor" a few times a year, but I doubt he ran water to it in the garage.

What do yall think it is worth?

Without pics it's really hard to judge but I'm sure it's worth what ever the old guy ends up taking for it to change hands. Sometimes it's hard to price someone else's dream so I'd start by talking with the owner about what you want to do with the boat and see if you can find a friendly rapport to lower the cost of ownership.

Just don't be afraid to walk away if it isn't worth the cost.

Throw him a number you are comfortable with, if he doesn't like it give him your phone number and walk away. He will probably call u in a day or two

x2 what those guys said ^^

It's difficult for someone to put a price on their "dream" and if you throw them a number and then let them think on it for a while maybe they will come to their senses, especially if they know your story and what you plan on doing with the boat. Heck even offer to take him out on it when it's done if he's local. Sometimes if you make a connection with them they will feel more comfortable selling it to you for a decent price.

A boat like that is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. It's almost impossible to put a "real" price on something like that. When my Dad passed I had to sell his sailboat and runabout at fire-sale prices or pay storage fees. Circumstances dictate the price. As stated before, strike up a friendly conversation with the owner and then throw him a number you can live with and give him your card.

If it helps, there's one on Tinboats you might want to ask lowblazah in this thread.