what do you use to heat your garage with?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ducted hot air furnace from a camper that heats my shop. 25 bucks from a camper junk yard. Works off of propane.

I have a natural gas pipe coming thru the wall. Previous owners had a blue flame heater hooked to it. I have plans of getting one probably this year.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=330529#p330529 said:
lckstckn2smknbrls » Yesterday, 19:10[/url]"]I use a blue flame vent less natural gas wall heater.

Same here.

I use coats and sweatshirts.

Oh wait...that's what heats me...not my unheated garage.

One day, in my dreams....I may have heat in my garage....In the winter of course. The summer is heated plenty already! :roll:

i am thinking of building a barrel stove. have a free source of firewood and would only use it once in a awhile. so i figured this would be a cheaper way to go.

well i built my barrel stove and got a chimney last night. managed to find a complete chimney on craigslist and a fraction of what a new one is.

Attachments

• IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 945
  • chimney.jpg
    chimney.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 945
I have seen these barrel kits before, one recommendation would be to burn the barrel outdoors first......all that paint on the outside of the barrel will burn off on your first burn......we use chain barrels here at work to burn pallets and the fumes from the paint really stink.

In OK AC is more important than heat. I have a LG 220 ac unit that does both air conditioning and heat. I also have a radiant heater from Northern tool over my workbench. The shop is 30x45 with 30x30 insulated.

i burned it in the yard twice this weekend to get the paint off. i had several people stopping to look, point and wonder what i was doing this time...... :)

Latest posts