Filtering water from gas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
After finding water in carbs on two motors, I went in search of a filtration system for those of us who have small engines and use gas cans, rather than fuel cells with on-line systems.

Biggest problem was using the right terms for the search engines.

Just ordered "Mr. Funnel" from Amazon, but the same series of water-separator funnel-type filters are available under other vendor's names.

My biggest engine is just a 10hp which shares a gas tank and hose with the 5.5. My others, three 3hp Evinrudes sip from other tanks. Putting an in-line filtration system or a filter inside the old Johnson was impractical, and since I don't have vast volumes of fuel to keep, I got the 2.5 gal per minute funnel filter @ $21 shipped. They have larger, and other filters.

There's an unproven, but pervasive rumor that the local Co-op gas station, which has a Non-ethanol pump, may have a water issue in its unground tank.

Small precaution to prevent recurrent problem.

I,m not saying anyone has water in tanks but condensation an issue with ground temp in relation to what is addeds temp.Not pulling whats on the tank bottom is in our best interest.
Remember comet? It or similar product is sprinkled on tank measuring stick and dunked vertically into to gauge amount of water in fuel storage tank, at the stations i,ve seen do it anyway.
Have wondered about a tractor type sediment bowl on the boat,would need an unbreakable one though.

Latest posts