Gotta love/despise CraigsList

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New River Rat

Reaction score
I recently posted for sale on Craigslist some custom made Chevrolet signs. As usual, it was entertaining. I stated on CL i had these two signs, gave a price that included shipping.

The ad:

I have these two very nice flanged signs that are in my shop not doing me any good. They are CNC and powder coated Chevrolet red. In perfect condition.

The first $75 takes them, that includes shipping anywhere in the lower 48.

Angie Pittman didn't seem to comprehend that I had listed exactly what I was selling.

The emails went like this:

Angie "where are you located & what other signs do you have ? anything original ? old ?"

Me "I have two Chevrolet bow-tie signs - $75 shipped."

Angie "sooo, thats a yes ? no ? kinda didnt answer the question.. location ?"

Me "My previous email tells you everything you need to know. Thanks for asking."

Angie "whatever you say pal, nevermind I guess.. craigslist is overan by weirdos & time wasters.."

Gotta love it!

I saw the report card!

Angie plays well with others but is lacking in communication and reading comprehension skills.

So are you selling signs or are you looking for 75.00 for a ship? im confused.

just kiddin

Hey I posted ads this summer that clearly stated I was LOOKING for a boat, and each time I'd get at least 2-3 calls/texts/emails asking about the boat I had for sale. #-o Idiots

Come on !!! I know you've heard of Angie's List. That's how she checks people out !! No weirdos or time wasters for her !!!! [-X :wink:

BTW - Did you ask her location ?? Given her rather obvious lack of intelligence, you might have at least offered to stop by and water her twice a week. [-X

Oh, it's getting better.

This time it Denny/Dennis: What colors are the signs? You say red but they look orange?

How large are they - will they fit my 1997 Geo Prism?

Does the shipping cover the cost of the nice oak board? How much for just the board?

Thanks so much

Denny

Me: They are what is called Chevrolet red, which a Chev guy knows is orange. Probably wont "fit" a prism.

Denny: How about selling the board?

Me: Sure. It is a treated lumber pine board attached to a picnic table. $1000 and you pick it up.

And lets not leave out Timmy.

Timmy: Those are exactly what I have been looking for! I am
extremely interested in at least one of the chevy
signs.

Can you give me some more info please - what are the
dimensions?

Are they original paint?

Where are they from?

I see they are mounted to a wooden board - can they be
removed of do you require that they remain as a unit?

Any additional information would be most helpful

Thanks you so very much - GO CHEVY!

Me: Sold only as a pair. Roughly 12". And they aren't attached
to the picnic table. Thanks.

Timmy: Would you also consider selling the picnic table? I would need a place to store the signs and like how you have them displayed

Me: Sure! $1000 and you pick it up.

Heres the link to the ad:

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/pts/4113473980.html

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332272#p332272 said:
03sp500 » 7 minutes ago[/url]"]So what size is the ship your selling for 75.00??? :lol:
LMAO! to funny guys.

I am crying! This is too funny.that must be one special board! I almost sent a reply on craigslist. I gotta find a board like that.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332290#p332290 said:
New River Rat » Today, 18:36[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332268#p332268 said:
2sac » Today, 10:57[/url]"]Can I get 1/2 the board for $500? :lol:

A half board is $2k.
Guess I have to pay for labor to cut the board in half. :twisted:

I've deleted the ads for the signs, so the link no longer works. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• 00303_jEybOv4Sh3H_300x300.jpg
    00303_jEybOv4Sh3H_300x300.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 340
  • 00l0l_5Jwzt9a9AQI_300x300.jpg
    00l0l_5Jwzt9a9AQI_300x300.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 340

Latest posts