I took my kids out to shoot this weekend…

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B.L. Hall

Reaction score
Took them all to the Machine gun range. shot the M249, the M2, and the MK19. Even in combat, we have to train…. Make sure these guys can shoot straight.

So here is the short version… this was the best time I have ever had being completely miserable.

Zero day… got on the bird at 2030 at striker, landed on hammer around 2145, got billeting went to sleep.

first day... 0430 wake up, on the range 0800, 100 degrees, bad sand storm, no rest, 15 minutes to eat, came back 1700 do reports, bed 2300.

second day… 0430 wake up, on the range 0800, 117 degrees, no shade (for me, the kids got to rotate in and out) 15 minutes off to eat, came back 1800 bed 2230.

third day… 0630 wake up (got to sleep in!) on the range 1000, 113 degrees slight breeze, no shade, didn't get to eat, came back 1700, got on the chopper at 2300, back here at striker 2400 went to bed…

the bottoms of my feet are bused back and blue from the golf ball sized rocks I walked on for three days, I got all bit up by ants, my underwear stayed wet from sweat and rubbed the inside of my thighs raw, at the end of the second day when I pulled my pants down at my bunk I had blood that had run down the inside of both my legs. I got really sunburned even though I used SPF 70 sun screen which I got in my eyes and that made my eyes as red as my face. I snatched what I thought was an empty ammo can off the truck, it was full and around 50 lbs and I tore something pretty bad in my right shoulder and I got the heat rash all over my back from sweating so much without getting any air to it.

I kept up with them young troops step for step right up until I ripped my shoulder, then I slowed down just a bit. I had a great time!

After seeing the Doc, it seems I tore the Corocoacromial Ligament in my shoulder. The Doc wants me to take it easy for a few months and see if it will heal on its own. If not then surgery.

At the Docs, it was kind of funny. I can’t raise my arm up, it just stops when my elbow gets about shoulder high, then it just won’t go any more… anyway, so the Doc says try to raise your arm as far as you can, so I do, he looked at his paper work and when he looked back my arm was as far up as I could go and I was straining to get it up higher… hurt like hell too… he reached out and slapped me in the back of the head and said “what the hell are you doing?” I said “you told me too!” he said “not to the point of doing more damage to it you dumb s**t”

Anyway, all is well… here are the pictures; the tan looking ones were during the dust storm. I can show you these because they are all training, the missions we go on, we can’t take pictures of… enjoy.

https://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/SFC_Hall/gunnery%20range%20iraq/

Very cool pics. Way to teach them boys to shoot straight.
I can relate to not being able to lift my arms above your shoulders. I feel your pain
Thank you for your service :USA1:

SOUNDS LIKE GOOD ARMY FUN TO ME!!!! I feel your pain about the sweat rash man....hurts like a SOB. I still have scars...LOL

Hang in there Itll all be over with soon enough!! A bunch of my budies just got back the other day.

Out!

Well i didnt understand of lot of the post, but what I got from it is that its **** rough out there. Try and stay safe

I know what you mean bout the temps, hit those didgets where I was stationed, we were in a drought situation, off in the distance you could see a dark rain cloud coming, it would hover over Momz(mess hall)pour like the devil for an half hour leaving puddles and 15 mins.after the downpour you couldnt even tell it rained, anyway thank you and your children for all your doing.

Latest posts