Eye Glasses fogging in cold?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
I know many others must wear eye glasses. This morning it was -1* while I was in deer stand and it was nuisance. What do you do to keep them from fogging up when in outdoors on cold days. I grew a beard and stopped covering face with face mask, due to when breathe it fogs glasses. But still have times they want to fog up. Is there any sure fire methods to cure this? I really do not want to mess with them, am about ready to go get contacts instead.
I did read online where you can rub them with bar of soap, wipe soap off with soft rag not using any water. Just did that see how that works this afternoon.
Anyone try this or have any other method that works well?

I use see clear lens cleaning wipes. anti static,anti fog ,anti glare. they come in little packets like handi wipes from kfc. really handy.i throw them in my tackle box,camper, lunchbox.

I have used spit before on my snorkeling mask and that worked but I haven't tried that trick on my glasses. If you're feeling adventurous, let us know if it works! haha

Spit forces its way between the water molecules and makes them lose their grip on each other, causing them to spread out, making it hard for them to form a fog on your mask. They become water droplets that collect in the bottom of your mask. Anti-fogging agents are chemicals called "surfactants" that work this way but somehow, without the water forming. Spit should work in principle here, but I'm not so sure. I think eyeglasses in a tree stand at -1* is a somewhat different environment than a mask under water (tropical or arctic water).

Maybe a snorkel would work... keep your breath away from your glasses. :wink:

Seriously though, I think anti-fogging agents or contacts are about the only way short of not breathing.

Latest posts