Tinboats 2014 BIGGEST LOSER Challange

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone post this yet and I think we need to support each other in our attempts to be healthier. Last year I did pretty well (for me) and have full intentions to continue the progress.

I'll start with my results from last year. My plan is to post an update every Friday. My goal is to get down to 200lb. Last year I started at 226lb and was able to get to 203lb. Since Thanksgiving...I've fallen off the wagon a bit but yesterday jumped back on.

It's going to be a BANNER year for us all! Who's in?

My Current Status is for 2014:
1/3/2014 215lb even (down 11 lbs from a year ago)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337793#p337793 said:
Country Dave » 1 minute ago[/url]"]Hey man that's pretty good,

I'm 215 I would like to be down to 199. So how does this work?

All you have to do is keep updating your weight on a regular basis (I think every Friday is good)

Here is the link to last year's challange. Take a look if you want to see how it was done last year.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28391&hilit=2013+Biggest+Loser

Ok its Friday,

I just came from Publix, its right down the street from my office. I will we weigh there every Friday to make sure everthing is accurate. Ok so today 1/3/14 I weigh 218lb.

I'm ready. I started out pretty good last year before I got off track & stayed off track. I usually weigh on Mondays but I think it will benefit me more to weigh on Fridays. I will however start on Monday the 6th & then start weighing on Fridays. I've got a long journey ahead, but my goal is to lose 100 lbs this year.

I was doing awesome last year I started at 315 and made it down to 270 and was feeling good
then came the issues I had some medication issues that affected my thyroid and spent 2 months in a cast for a foot problem
needless to say I went back up and am sitting at 320 again.
I hope to be down to 270 again by summer and will be taking it slow

good luck to eveyone

Way to go guys..... The more the merrier. It's also a good way for me to stay motivated with you guys checking in.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Started at 213 in 2013....made it down to 191...but stayed mostly between 193-195....then came the holidays....now I'm bouncing around 196-198...would like to break 185 this year.

I'm ready. I started out pretty good last year before I got off track & stayed off track. I usually weigh on Mondays but I think it will benefit me more to weigh on Fridays. I will however start on Monday the 6th & then start weighing on Fridays. I've got a long journey ahead, but my goal is to lose 100 lbs this year.

1/06/14 - 344.6

Well last year I lost 16 lbs and then stalled out. I held that weight for about the next 7 months and then slowly started gaining it back. Now I'm right back where I was a year ago. :cry: I'm going to try a low carb diet this time and see how it goes. The drawbacks for me this year is I'm dealing with a newly torn rotator cuff and the surgery I had done on both knees about 15 years ago is coming back to haunt me now. But I'm still gonna give this diet a shot and hope for the best.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338149#p338149 said:
JMichael » 5 minutes ago[/url]"]Well last year I lost 16 lbs and then stalled out. I held that weight for about the next 7 months and then slowly started gaining it back. Now I'm right back where I was a year ago. :cry: I'm going to try a low carb diet this time and see how it goes. The drawbacks for me this year is I'm dealing with a newly torn rotator cuff and the surgery I had done on both knees about 15 years ago is coming back to haunt me now. But I'm still gonna give this diet a shot and hope for the best.

YOU/WE can do this....but it's a full time job. One we reach our goals....we still need to keep watch.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338149#p338149 said:
JMichael » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:58 am[/url]"]Well last year I lost 16 lbs and then stalled out. I held that weight for about the next 7 months and then slowly started gaining it back. Now I'm right back where I was a year ago. :cry: I'm going to try a low carb diet this time and see how it goes. The drawbacks for me this year is I'm dealing with a newly torn rotator cuff and the surgery I had done on both knees about 15 years ago is coming back to haunt me now. But I'm still gonna give this diet a shot and hope for the best.

The first thing is don't think of it as a "diet". That is temporary as will the weight loss be. You can't change your reading habits & lose weight, then go back to eating the old way without gaining it back. I've learned this from experience as I lost 120lbs on 8 months & have spent the last 3 years gaining half of it back. Just like if you don't want to hit your thumb with a hammer, don't put your thumb in the way. If you want to keep the weight off, don't eat what put the weight on.

Yes, we all can do this! Let's go!

My Current Status is for 2014:
1/3/2014 215lb even (down 11 lbs from a year ago)

1/10 2014 215.8 - Yes...I've gained. On Monday, I cut out most of my soda (my only bad vice) and started drinking about a gallon of water every day. By Wed I was up to 218.7. This will level off as it did last year.

Start weight 215. Current weight 212 ½

Total weight loss 2 ½ pounds. Ok I’ll take it. Especial since I was out of town and couldn’t really exercise or eat how I would have liked to this week. Even so I think about 2-3 pounds a week is just about right.

By the way Detroit sucked! I'm sure there are some really beautiful places in Michigan but Detroit in not one of them!

Attachments

• 094.PNG
    094.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 632
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 627
  • 087.JPG
    087.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 627

Latest posts