winter projects

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbouy

Reaction score
i just took off the vinyl on my pop up truck camper and the wife is shipping it to canvas replacements for a new one to be fabricated.i should get the new one by mid march.i found some rot in the top corner so i'm going to cut it out and replace it while i wait.so now i have a camper job,a t top for my tin,and possibly a built in cooler,and my boat trailer needs new bunks,axle and u bolts.that should keep me busy for a few months.i also have foot surgery booked on the 15 th so i'm off work for a while.i need everything done by easter long weekend cuz the wife has gone loco with the long weekend fishing trips.last year we did 9.this year looks to be around an even dozen,with a month long trip in august.anyone else bite off more than they can chew for the winter?

I've got the trailer for my '68 StarCraft Falcon all apart but the weather has not been cooperating.

Poor old Starcraft is sitting upside down on the trailer with 16" of fresh snow on top of her. I've bought a bunch of new parts for it, but I'm done 'till spring.

Started working on the racebike this past weekend, but lost interest after an hour. Thought about doing some more mods to the minibike...but that's all I did was think about it :lol:

Very hard for me to get motivated when it's below 0 outside.

I've got a 1989 Bass Tracker Pro 17 completely gutted sitting on the trailer that I completely re-furbished last year that needs to be finished. Now that we ratified our contract where I work and I don't have to worry about a strike I'm going to start working on it. Have a 1965 Monark 14' by 36" flat bottom that I need to add a floor and deck in to do some float fishin on the rivers. But I'll have plenty of time before much longer. April 30th will be my last day at work. I'm retiring after 37 years at the same place where I spent 32 of those years driving tractor-trailer.

my wife tried to store some of her clothes in my man cave closet so i threw them back in hers and turned my man cave closet into a hidden bar, including a mini fridge :LOL2:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339038#p339038 said:
Jim » 19 Jan 2014, 08:34[/url]"]Wife is painting the whole house, then I can start cleaning the man cave again which has become a messy storage area.
I know all about the messy storage area. We've been buying things here and there from Lowe's to remodel our main bath as we have extra money. So right now my man cave looks like a dang Lowe's Home Improvement warehouse.

Winter, heck. My project list is full for 2014. November Tornado- boom, snap, crackle, and pop. My "Winter" project is to remodel the kitchen and started building my cabinets in November. Mid Nov tornado. Lost a 80' cedar tree, 60' pine tree, 40' maple, 25' Flowering crab apple, and a bunch of branches on both my 80' oaks. The flowing apple tree took out my shed and the shed put a permanent lean in my riding mower and fence. I also lost my patio table, found the chairs. Garage door had a branch sticking out of it. And I lost a bunch of shingles. Fortunately, the brick siding stopped any penetration of the house and the new (2009) windows withstood the winds. My neighbors all lost windows. Some lost roofs and walls. We were blessed. I don't live in Washington IL, however the tornado that hit them swung by my neighborhood first.

Needless to say, my kitchen project was slightly delayed. 1 week for clean up, temporary shingles, and 1 week installing a garage door. Of coarse the new door arrives the day before sub freezing temps. I got the door up before the drop in temp, however I didn't get the weather strip installed and the garage was an ice box. Deadline for the kitchen is Feb 1. Should be close. Ceramic tile floor is done, most of the cabinets are in, counter top is in, new appliance are installed and functioning (ref, stove, micro, dishwasher). I still have a few doors and drawers to make, plus a closet cabinet and cabinet over the peninsula.

In-law dropped a car off. Doesn't sound good. Long story short, she may need a new engine.

When spring roles around it'll be time to cut down the rest of the tree trunks, roof the house, build a new shed (12x24), and build a new fence. I'll be looking forward to work on Monday's. It's going to be a long year. Im doing all the work myself and using the cost of labor for new kitchen appliances and I need a bigger boat. First grandson was born Thanksgiving week. To say its been a busy winter is an understatement.

I have a lot of work to do on my boat but its 5degrees out so it has to wait. I bought the new boat mid season last year and set it up good enough to fish but have lots more to do. New bilge pump, extra battery install, permanently mount transducer,3 new seat mounts, hydroturf front deck and floor, install permanent navigation and anchor lights, tie all electronics into a fuse panel with toggle switches and install another storage hatch. Im gonna be busy if the snow ever goes away.

i'm stuck in my lazyboy for a week now after foot surgery and i'm going bat **** crazy.all i can think about is whats not getting done.i have to endure another 2 weeks of crutches before i can even hobble around the house.the worst is its been sunny and warm for 2 weeks now.my camper would have been done.i cant do anything with these stupid crutches.i tried fiddling with the boat yesterday but it was too frustrating.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339591#p339591 said:
bcbouy » Yesterday, 13:29[/url]"]i'm stuck in my lazyboy for a week now after foot surgery and i'm going bat **** crazy.all i can think about is whats not getting done.i have to endure another 2 weeks of crutches before i can even hobble around the house.the worst is its been sunny and warm for 2 weeks now.my camper would have been done.i cant do anything with these stupid crutches.i tried fiddling with the boat yesterday but it was too frustrating.
I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been off work since Dec. 3 with my back going to physical therapy. Looks like I may go back to work in 1-3 weeks but the only good thing is I'll just have to work possible 2-4 weeks take the rest in vacation and PTO days and then retire. :wink: Then hopefully I can stay healthy and get all my projects done.

It was 35 degrees here yesterday...for the high! Last night it was about 16. What to do when it's THIS cold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM0OqOFVdDY&list=UUHYpuGo2zvfQcgL2J7VdAqA&feature=c4-overview

Decorate the back yard, and watch low-flying planes circle around and do a double-take! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My winter project is to stay warm!Too cold to do much of any thing even in my garage no heat! Spring is calling to me =D> .Though I am drawing up plans for the mod nothing fancy.A flat floor and rod lockers along with a small bow deck to hold batteries.

It was 40 degrees here Sunday, today its -40 with the wind chill. 80 degree temp swing over night. Welcome to global warming. lol

Current garage temp is 46. Insulated garage door worth every penny. :mrgreen:

Latest posts