First Tournament Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter

Reaction score
I've been fishing for all my life now. I just convinced my friend to lend me his $30,000 boat for my first tournament on Pickwick Lake in Tennessee. The tournament is a trash fish tournament. And yes there are gar. I have a few topwater frogs and popper lures. I have plenty of plastics, swimbaits, and rods/reels. I have my licenses for fishing and boating. I have a few ?'s that I can't seem to find. What gear do I need to buy for the boat and tournament? He said he was going to empty the whole boat for me and I had to use all my own stuff. Do I need to buy some treble hook covers so when I lie my rod down, it will not get stuck in the carpet and mess it up. Do I need some of those bass pro fish storage baggies? Do I need Fish markers( the different colored things you put through the fishes lip so you can identify them) so I can identify the fish I catch. Is there any winter deep water lures that you think I will absolutely need and will help me throughout the tournament.

Depending on what kind of tourney you are fishing, you may need a liability insurance policy. Most tourneys I have been in require a $300,000 minimum for liability.

If he is emptying the boat you will need all coast guard required equipment
if it is a bass boat the carpet should be okay but watch the seats!!!

this time of year I would leave the top water stuff home
look at blade baits and jigging spoons
if the insurance is needed it would have to have YOU listed as an approved user of the boat or it is no good.
I wouldn't waste money on culling tags at this point but when you do get them they do not go through the gills that will harm the fish
I would be fishing for catfish and drum on pickwick gar can be tough to catch any time

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338290#p338290 said:
Carter » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 pm[/url]"]Thanks is there any deep water lures that you would recommend
blade baits and jigging spoons

Latest posts