Captain Ahab Facts.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I'm the new kid on the block here. Haven't been a member that long and haven't posted a lot because of the way I work and I'm a member on 2 other boards that I have been on for quite some time. Plus the weather has basically turned to crap here in WV and I haven't been able to start working on my 2 tin projects so I can share ideas and such. But one thing I have noticed in the amount of time I looked at the site before I joined and after is there seems to be a nasty attempt at taking out Captain Ahab. :lol: I just don't understand it either he seems like a really nice guy on the board. Is there a hidden conspiracy going on to try and ruin a good mans reputation? Ahab I always like the underdog so if I can help let me know. I fear like most situations it is probably acts of jealousy. :lol: :lol:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339346#p339346 said:
WVfishnfool » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 am[/url]"]OK I'm the new kid on the block here. Haven't been a member that long and haven't posted a lot because of the way I work and I'm a member on 2 other boards that I have been on for quite some time. Plus the weather has basically turned to crap here in WV and I haven't been able to start working on my 2 tin projects so I can share ideas and such. But one thing I have noticed in the amount of time I looked at the site before I joined and after is there seems to be a nasty attempt at taking out Captain Ahab. :lol: I just don't understand it either he seems like a really nice guy on the board. Is there a hidden conspiracy going on to try and ruin a good mans reputation? Ahab I always like the underdog so if I can help let me know. I fear like most situations it is probably acts of jealousy. :lol: :lol:
welcome to the site but be sure to understand one important thing
AHAB IS NOT A GOOD MAN
but no it is not trying to take out Ahab it is a underhanded maneuver by Bass Addict ( a low down snake in the grass) to have a site sponsor harassed and ridiculed, in an attempt to take the focus away from what we should really be doing BAN BA !!!!!

P.S. calling BA a snake in the grass is an insult to the snake...

remember it is winter here in the north so we don't have much else to do
join team AHAB in this one lmao

Same here. Don't feel bad if you are confused. I've been here since Sept of 2011, and still can't figure it out.

I think it may be a case of boating rivalry, or fish envy. Not sure which. Makes me think of the saying "you know you're over the target when you're taking flak' LOL :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339353#p339353 said:
PSG-1 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:03 am[/url]"]Same here. Don't feel bad if you are confused. I've been here since Sept of 2011, and still can't figure it out.

I think it may be a case of boating rivalry, or fish envy. Not sure which. Makes me think of the saying "you know you're over the target when you're taking flak' LOL :mrgreen:

no reason to be confused just drink the punch and join team BA!!!!
ban AHAB!!!!

Well I believe I can see what's up here. It's apparent that Ahab has probably spanked bassaddict on the water in a friendly fishin contest one day and now it's got personal. I being the gentleman that I am would never stir such a situation :roll: :roll: however I think I shall support the Captain for a while until he proves me wrong or if he seems to be unwilling to go down with the ship should it start sinking. :lol: :lol:

I am nothing but a gentleman and BassAddict chooses to insult and pick on me

I would challenge him to a dual (or even a duel) but I fear his underhanded tactics might stack the proverbial deck in his favor

I am waiting for advice from Fender

BTW - RedBug is nothing if not mean!

Don't make me bust out pictures of our fishing trips…………

Ahab becomes another person when people around him catch fish and he gets skunked. The rest of us will be done and throw in the towel and he fishes for another 5 hours.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339368#p339368 said:
Jim » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 am[/url]"]Don't make me bust out pictures of our fishing trips…………

Ahab becomes another person when people around him catch fish and he gets skunked. The rest of us will be done and throw in the towel and he fishes for another 5 hours.

You are all weak and worthless

and it is more like another 8-10 hrs (5 hrs is for the guys who wear dresses)!

Jim said:
I remember that day, Ahab went through all 20 pounds of lures and baits he had. Bassaddict, Is that the day you hooked the bass and handed your rod to Ahab?

It'll be easier listing the trips that I DON'T hook fish for Dave to "catch"....... But im pretty sure Ahab caught this beauty all by himself!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390432124134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390432124134.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 731
I would like to see a chronology of events pertaining to this rivalry.

Might be good reading.

Quit looking at my spelling.....I'm old.....I remember when pocket calculaters came out.....and transister radios!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339398#p339398 said:
BassAddict » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:09 pm[/url]"]
Jim said:
I remember that day, Ahab went through all 20 pounds of lures and baits he had. Bassaddict, Is that the day you hooked the bass and handed your rod to Ahab?

It'll be easier listing the trips that I DON'T hook fish for Dave to "catch"....... But im pretty sure Ahab caught this beauty all by himself!

BERGALL

It is Thursday I think im on team Ahab today even though he trashed me
I told you guys he is not a nice guy I have seen many pictures of him with large fish and even bigger fingers
held well away from the body I'm not saying Photo shopped but !!!
Ban BA !!!!!!!

Latest posts