How Many Boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVfishnfool

Reaction score
Have you guys owned in your life time so far? I actually had one before I could drive or own a car. Had a 10' SmokerCraft flat bottom john when I was 14 yrs. old. Since then a 12' semi-v, 16' flat bottom, 14' semi-v, 16' Coleman canoe, 11' Coleman Crawdad, 1976 Skeeter Wrangler Deluxe bass boat with the old 150 hp Mercury Tower of Power, 1989 Ranger 375V with a Merc XR4, 2001 Ranger 520DVX with a 225 Merc EFI, and the 2 I now own a 1965 14' Mon Ark flat bottom I'm going to fix up for float fishin the river I grew up on and to use on our lakes that do not allow any mechanical motors at all, a 1989 Bass Tracker Pro 17 which I have completely re-furbed the trailer for and have gutted the boat for a re-build this spring when the weather gets better. I have a 2004 Merc 4stroke 9.9 with controls and power tilt/trim to go on it so I can fish our horsepower restricted lakes. I also have my eye on a 2009 Ranger Z520 that's for sale if the price keeps dropping I might be buying after I retire with my bass boat fund I've been saving for 30 years. Need to have something to visit the big lakes with and get back in to tourney fishin again. I have a grandson I need to start training real soon. :) That's my list what's y'alls look like?

Started with a sears 1236 flatbottom with an 8hp yamaha, traded dirt bike for a 15' Viking ski boat with a 115hp evinrude. Sold the 1236 and got a 14' wards sea king with 8hp yamaha than upgraded to a 1436 starcraft flatbottom with a 9.9mariner sold that last year and now have a Alumacraft 1648 ncs with a 25hp mariner.

All of the boats I listed I bought used or traded for. I'd usually get them cheap. Fix them up and fish out of them then somebody would see one of them and keep after me to sell it to them so I would and just about every time at a profit or break even. I'd then take that profit and stick it into a savings/bass boat fund I had set-up. It's not worth a whole lot but it's grown enough over the past 30 years I think I can pay for the Z520 I've got my eye on. Just waitin till I retire and seein if the boat sets a lil' longer to bring the price down more.

Started with a Quachita 15' glass boat and 40 rude on it I think, but its been a long long time ago on that one. Caught a lot of fish out of it and hit my first submerged log with it as well. My father was with me the day I hit the submerged log and it scared the **** out of him. (Me too). Bought an 04 Tracker PT175 w/ a 60 2stroke new, still have it, get compliments on it all the time. Have two yaks hanging in the garage, and have a 13' Gheenoe with a 5 hp 4stroke on it. 1st boat I've ever maxed out on the hp rating :LOL2: The Gheenoe is just an experiment and a tinker toy for me to piddle with, and see if I can get it rigged to suit me and how I fish.

My 14' flat bottom is going to be my experimental boat. I want to use it to float fish for muskies, walleyes, and smallmouth on the old river I grew up on where I used to live. But also want to rig it for huntin out of. Have a lot of public hunting ground with good deer & turkey hunting that's more accessible by water. Also a buddy of mine is into trappin and duck huntin but doesn't have a john boat so he's agreed to teach me how to do both which I have never done if we can use my boat. Right now he basically just jump shoots ducks on small streams and creeks with his bird dog and traps where he can get with his chest waders.

in the last 20 years i've had a 14' runabout that wore out, a 12' cartopper that wore out now a 14.5' g3 and i've been watching an 8 ft addictor on cl for $300 that would fit my 9.9 thats just sitting around.i could probably keep it at work till i can find time for anther project.i saw one on a lake last summer and it looked like it was a lot of fun to rip around in.

I've got a 1971 1436 Montgomery Wards Sea king jon boat with an '83 25hp Mariner that I use for duck hunting, a 1968 14' StarCraft falcon runabout that is getting a '73 mercury 402 40hp motor and a 10' hydroplane I bought otherwise it was going into the fire pit.

right now I have 18'alumnacraft 85 hp,a 20' wellcraft 350 I/o, 15'6 classic 25 merc I don't remember how many 14'15'and 16' I been through I bought 3 last year the only one I have left is a 14 v bottom 5' wide it will be gone soon I hope

Funny this post should pop up. I was just thinking about this the other night and counted up to 23 of the boats I could remember owning. There are probably some others that have faded from my 52 y/o mind. Currently have 3 in the stable and I plan on sticking with these for several years since they fit my needs perfectly. I would love to own another go fast bass boat but I can no longer afford to feed those animals :(

I have had 3 canoes, 1 home built kayak, 2 jet skis (I consider them boats as I fish from them), 10' Jon, my current is my grizzly 1448 sc

Latest posts