Hey Site-Master Jim

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVfishnfool

Reaction score
I was lookin in the Boat House forum and seen the rudder you had made for your Tupperware(plastic :lol: ) boat. How well does it work? Thinkin about havin one made for my 14 foot john when I'm runnin trolling motor only lakes.

Don't hate the plastic!

The rudder is the best thing I purchased for it. I spend more time trying to control the boat if it's not on the boat. No fun!

Bassboy1 made it for me. He asked for specific measurements from my boat and the rudder fits like a glove. My only suggestion is to drill a small hole in it somewhere and tie it to the boat somehow just incase you bump something and it goes in the water.

Two thumbs up, little money well spent.

Jim

I aint hatin the plastic. I use to have one and my baby sister called it my Tupperware boat. :lol: :lol: I do like that rudder though. I've got a buddy that works in a weld shop and I'm goin to show him the picture. I'm thinkin though maybe hingeing it some way with a spring that would force it back down in case I would hit under water log, tree top, etc. Also maybe drill and thread it so it could be tightened on the transom with some type of bolts. I'd have to say it probably cuts way down on the wind pushin the rear end around when you're fishin by yourself doesn't it?

I would just thru bolt it with a small/appropriate size bolt, and put a bit of 5200 to seal it up, or some goop works good on plastic

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=341115#p341115 said:
WVfishnfool » 07 Feb 2014 04:31 pm[/url]"] I'd have to say it probably cuts way down on the wind pushin the rear end around when you're fishin by yourself doesn't it?

Yes absolutely!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=341128#p341128 said:
TNtroller » Yesterday, 18:50[/url]"]I would just thru bolt it with a small/appropriate size bolt, and put a bit of 5200 to seal it up, or some goop works good on plastic
Don't want it mounted permanent. Need to be able to take it off when I want to use the outboard. Only time I want it on is when me and my buddy go to the electric only lakes because I plan on leaving my TM on the front and don't plan on using one on the rear. Also it's not going on a plastic boat but will be using it on my 14' john.

Permanent mount risk damage to the hull as well. I been debating making one for my 1860. And bolting it on top. And adding a small wood dowel sheer pin at the lower side so it can fold up if it racks something hard enough. And for transport.

Latest posts