Hello Tin Boaters

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gladesman

Reaction score
I'm new to this site but have been active on some kayak/canoe fishing forums. My father-in-law recently gave me his old aluminum 1988 Grumman hull (14' 5" w/three bench seats) that needed a LOT of work to make it shipshape and seaworthy again. A friend who builds aluminum airboats as a hobby has had it for two weeks replacing missing rivets, painting the bottom of the hull with black steelflex, coating the sides of the hull with Chevrolet savanna beige polyurethane paint, and the inside will be painted with epoxy paint. I just bought a 2014 long-shaft Suzuki 20hp outboard with electric+manual start and power tilt. When I get the hull back I need to replace the transom with a piece of 1 3/8" marine plywood that I bought and then she should be good to go. I'll post pics when she gets back home.

I mostly fish in Everglades National Park and Biscayne Bay and sold my 1978 Hewes Redfisher flats boat in 2004 when I got into kayak fishing. Then I bought a 16' kevlar solo canoe for long-distance excursions in the Everglades and her maiden voyage was a 10-day, 129-mile trip from Flamingo in Everglades National Park up the Gulf coast to Highland Beach and then back via the inland rivers and bays. With this new Grumman tin boat I'm excited about the opportunity to fish places too far to paddle in a day.

Anyway, hello everyone. :D